Mutual Hatred

Cw: Beating people up, small mention of unhealthy weight

"Why is it always you two getting into trouble with each other?" Yukizome scolded.

Komaeda sat on the chair, looking down at the floor. His nose was bleeding, he had bruises everywhere and his shirt was ripped up a bit.

"Ask him! He's an asshole!" Hinata told her.

"Komaeda-kun, what did you do?"

"I told him to stop bothering Sonia-san. I said she wants nothing to do with reserve course students and he should stop getting on her nerves,"

"She's my friend, you dumbass!" Hinata yelled. "I told you that!"

"And I told you that I don't care," Komaeda hissed, whiping the blood away from his nose, which only resulted in his sleeve being dirty and the blood getting on his cheek.

"Here." Yukizome handed him a tissue.

"Thank you..." he whiped it off. "Ow!" Komaeda winced as he touched his nose. "I think it's broken,"

"Oh, boo-hoo," Hinata mocked him.

Hinata, who happened to be very well-liked and popular in the reserve course, often beat Komaeda up.

Komaeda, who happened to be hated and not popular at all in any course, often made fun of Hinata.

There wasn't always a routine to their fights. Maybe Hinata would push Komaeda, the pale boy would glare at him and then get punched in the face. Maybe Komaeda would spend his entire lunch break annoying Hinata and then earned a kick in the stomach. Both of them had begun fights, but they always ended with Komaeda being hurt.

"Komaeda-kun, you know you're supposed to leave Hinata-kun alone. It's not your business who he spends time with," Yukizome scolded.

"But-"

"No." She crossed her arms. "And Hinata-kun, you cannot react to insults with physical violence. That's never the answer,"

"I don't give a fuck. I'm not trying to answer shit, I'm trying to beat his scrawny ass up,"

"Is that always your response to someone being rude to you?"

"Why shouldn't it be?" He asked.

"Imagine you have a girlfriend one day. She has a bad day, gets a bit upset at you and starts being rude. Would you hit her?" Yukizome asked.

"Of course no. 'Cause I'd love her. No one can love a guy like Komaeda,"

The pale boy frowned. "Be quiet!"

"Take your own damn advice for once!"

"I wonder if you'd act like this too if you were in the main course. I suppose we'll never know..."

Hinata grabbed him by his collar. "You little-!" He punched him in the face again.

"Ahh!!" Komaeda cried out in pain. "Ow ow owwww!! Stop it!" He shouted.

"Hinata Hajime!" Yukizome yelled. Both boys stopped moving. "You have detention!"

"What?!"

"Hahaha!!" Komaeda laughed.

"And you-!" She pointed at him. "Have detention too. Today you're gonna get your nose checked out. Tomorrow, you're both staying longer after school."

-

That evening, Komaeda checked out his wounds in the mirror. His nose wasn't broken. He had put ice on it and it felt better now. He did have lots of bruises everywhere else though.