Sick

This was requested by someone. Request are still open if anyone has an idea they want me to write! Please comment them in the chapter titled "requests". (Ofc you don't have to though, no pressure!)

"Honey, I'm home!" Hinata called out.

"Hm? Already?" Komaeda tiredly asked. "But I haven't even started making dinner." He hurried into the kitchen. "Give me a minute, I'll start right now!"

"No, you won't." Hinata said, putting down his suitcase. "You're sick, Nagito. Go back to bed,"

"I wasn't in bed! I was, uhm, cleaning! And cooking! And-!"

"Hey, it's okay." Hinata walked towards him and kissed his forehead. It was hot and his face was flushed. "You should really go back to bed,"

"No, I... I need to do something! Otherwise I'm not useful,"

"I don't need you to be useful. I need you to be healthy." He kissed his forehead again. He didn't like that he needed to talk like that to get Komaeda to agree. If he said 'you don't need to be' instead of 'I need you to be', Komaeda wouldn't have nodded like he did just now.

"Fine... alright." He walked into the bedroom and got into bed.

"Do you want soup?"

"No... don't make food for me. I should..." he yawned. "I should make you food... you worked all day,"

"No. Nagito, you always make food. And you go to work too. If cooking is too much for you, you can tell me. I can cook too from time to time. We can take turns,"

"But your workday is way longer! And your job is much more important!" Komaeda argued. He looked miserable. He absolutely hated being sick. It reminded him of his past.

"I'll go make some soup for you,"

"No... no, I don't deserve it. Please just go back to work..."

"Absolutely not. I was worried about you the whole time,"

"Wait is that... is that why you left? You left early because of me?"

"Obviously,"

Komaeda shook his head. "Nooo... I thought something happened, but you just left to go take care of me? I don't deserve it... I'm just trash,"

"Nagito, you're not trash! I'm gonna go get medicine and food for you now whether you like it or not." He left the room when he heard sniffling. Shocked, he turned around to see Komaeda crying. That almost never happened. Most of the time, he cried when he was really happy or overwhelmed.

"I'm so sorry, was I too harsh? I'm sorry, honey. What's wrong?"

"Please don't leave me alone... but you have to go to work, but... I feel so bad,"

The brunet picked him up and carried him into the living room, which was next to the kitchen. He set him down on the couch.

"I'll be right over there making food for you, okay? Everything's gonna be fine,"

Komaeda nodded. "I'm cold... I'll go get a blanket..."

"No. You just relax. I'll go get you one,"

Komaeda sniffled. "Th-thank you..."

A minute later, Komaeda was half asleep. Once Hinata was done cooking, he carried the bowl of soup into the living room and put it down on the table.

"Nagito. Your food's done,"

Komaeda opened his eyes again. "Mmh? Oh... thank you..." He picked up the bowl and began to eat.

"You're welcome. You don't have to worry about being useless,"