Revenge

First chapter of part 3 of the Officer and Detective story

"You said this is the building, mam?" Hinata asked, pointing at the warehouse. His eyebrows were furrowed. It was always a warehouse, huh?

"Yes, that's the one! I was walking my dog and then heard screams! That was last night. I got so scared I ran home immediately. I know I should have called earlier, but... I was terrified, Sir," The elderly woman said.

"I see. Ma'am, please stay with my colleague while I go check the warehouse out," he said, gesturing at Ishimaru.

"Alright... Be careful, Sir," She said.

Hinata grabbed his gun and walked over to the warehouse. He carefully opened the door and looked around. When he looked to his right, he knew where the screams had come from.

The brunet left the warehouse. "Ma'am, thank you for contacting us. We'll take care of this from here on. Ishimaru, please take her home,"

"Yes, Sir!" He saluted. "Ma'am, right this way!" He lead her to the car.

-

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen!" A cheery voice called out.

"Morning..." a tired, overworked woman said.

"So, who called for me?"

"Hinata-senpai," She told him.

The detective grinned. "Thanks, miss!" He walked to Hinata's office. "Sergeant Hinata-san!" He called out.

"Lieutenant."

"Huh?"

"I got promoted,"

"Oh, great job! Why'd you call me?"

"This morning I found five dead bodies in a warehouse,"

"Oh!" Komaeda gasped. "What are we waiting for? Let's go!"

"Wait." Hinata crossed his arms. "This time, I need you to listen to every word I say. When I tell you to go somewhere, to do something, to leave or to stop doing something, I need you to do as I say. For your own good. I'm not going to let you get in danger ever again."

"You always say that. I'm a grown adult like you. I'll be fine-"

"Then you're not coming with me."

"You called for me,"

"Either you promise to listen to my commands or you go home,"

Komaeda frowned. "Do you always have to switch between being nice and being grumpy? I can never tell, when I walk through this door, if you're going to be happy to see me or if you're going to treat me like a subordinate. You may be a lieutenant, but don't let that get to your head, Hinata-san,"

"...Komaeda, you know what happened a while ago, with Souda. I need you to listen to every word I say. Please." He grabbed his hand.

"...fine. But only if you stop being so harsh on me. It's annoying,"

Hinata nodded. "Let's go then,"

The two men arrived at the warehouse and Hinata showed Komaeda the bodies.

"Poor souls," Komaeda said, putting on his gloves. "Three men and two women." He stated, crouching down next to one of them. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a wallet. "Ah, crap... Naegi Makoto. Remember him? He was the boyfriend of the victim we investigated on our first case together," He said.

"Damn. That's not how I wanted to meet him again,"

He looked for the other people's wallets. All except one had them and their IDs in the pockets.