Chapter 3

Elena’s POV:

            “Guys, I’m serious, kill me,” I groan, sitting down at our regular lunch table. Melody and I sit at the center table of the cafeteria with two of our other closest friends, Rebecca and Candice.

            Rebecca was a spunky girl with blonde curly hair and light brown eyes. She’s one of the cheerleaders, but isn’t a slut like you would think. Rebecca, also known as Becca, is one of the funniest people I know, and is average in school. Candice has dark brown hair that reaches her shoulders with bangs that cover some of her dark brown eyes. She’s a bit on the shy side, but once you’re really close to her, she’s really loud.

             “What’s wrong?” Becca asks, chewing on her crutons from her salad.

            I sigh, putting my lunch tray down and sitting in the chair between Melody and Candice. “You know that English project Mr. H always assigns every year?” I ask, and they nod. “Well, guess who my partner is.”

            “Who?” the three of them ask.

            “Harry Styles,” I groan, picking up my Vitamin Water and drinking from it.

            The girls eyes widen. “No wonder he’s been eyeing you for so long,” Melody smirks.

            I frown in confusion and she nods her head towards a direction. I turn my head and see that in fact, the curly haired boy was staring at me. He was sitting in the left corner of the cafeteria with his friends. He was surrounded by the other four boys as his green eyes stared into my blue ones, a slight smirk on his face. Does that smirk ever disappear?!

            Rolling my eyes, I turn back around to face my friends. “He is so annoying,” I say, picking up a fish stick and biting it.

            “But hot,” Candice grins.

            I grunt. “And now we have to work on this damn project together.”

            “When’s it due?” Becca asks.

            “In three weeks,” I reply. “But I just wanna get it done and over with as soon as possible.”

            Melody snickers. “Good luck with that,” she says, causing me to shove her with my elbow.

***************

            It was time to go home, and I was walking down to my locker to grab my stuff. Opening it up, I grabbed the textbooks I needed and put in the books I didn’t need. Once I was done, I shut my locker, only to jump up in fright to see that Harry was leaning against the lockers next to mine.

            “What do you want?” I huffed, fishing for my car keys in my bag.