Chapter 24

I'm posting this at 1:30 in the morning. I have no life whatsoever.

__________________________________________

Elena’s POV:

            “So class, the school has put together a field trip for the year 12 students,” our homeroom teacher announced. “The school board has been saving money all year long and we have more than enough money for this trip.”

            “Where is it to?” Chad, a kid in my class, asked.

            Mr. Hammers smirks. “Paris, France,” he says. Gasps and murmurs went around the room as my eyes widened and I looked at Melody, both of us grinning. Paris, France? Yes please!

            I raised my hand and Mr. Hammers called on me. “How long are we going there for?”

            “Two weeks,” he answes, and another round of gasps went throughout the room.

            The class soon ended and before we left, Mr. Hammers handed us our permission slips that we needed our parents to sign. The trip was this weekend, so we needed to get them signed and bring them back quickly. As I left the class, I pushed through the crowd of students as I saw Harry walking out of his class, hoisting one of his bag straps on his left shoulder.

            “Hey,” I grin as I take his hand in mine.

            “Hey,” he smiles dimply, leaning down and pecking my lips softly.

            “Did you hear about the Paris trip?” I ask and he nods in response. “Are you gonna go?”

            “Nah,” he shakes his head as we walk through the halls.

            “What? Why?” I ask him as we stop walking and stand by the wall.

            “Paris isn’t really my scene,” Harry shrugs.

            “Not your scene?” I repeat, raising an eyebrow as I look up at him. “Come on, Harry. It’s Paris! The most romantic city in the world.” When he doesn’t budge, I lean forward and brush my lips against his. “For me?” I ask in a hushed tone.

            Harry’s eyes flicker from mine down to my lips as he leans in and tries to join our lips, but I move my head back and smirk. “Fine,” he groans. “I’ll go.”

            I grin widely, pressing my lips to his. “Yay!”

****************

            “So how’d you get your dad to let you go to Paris for two weeks?” Melody asks as I packed my suitcases.