Chapter 6

Elena’s POV:

            “But Elena, it’s the school’s monthly block party!” Melody whines. “You have to come.”

            I sighed. “I don’t know, Mel,” I say. “I don’t think my parents will let me go.”

            “Your parents always let you come, though,” Candice frowns. “Why won’t they let you come this time?”

            I bite my bottom lip. “My dad’s been on my case lately. I think just asking him if I could go is gonna make him blow.”

            “Then sneak out,” Becca simply says, picking her nails. “What your parents don’t know won’t hurt them.”

            Sneak out? I don’t know if I would be able to. The idea of sneaking out kind of scares me. Not that, but the thought of my parents catching me is what scares me. I would be in so much big trouble if they found out; they’d never let me go out again. But what’s a life without any risks?

            “Fine, I’ll sneak out,” I say after a while, causing my friends to grin widely. “But one of you have to park outside of my house and pick me up. If I use my car, the car engine will wake Mum and Dad up.”

            “I’ll pick you up, no worries,” Melody smiles.

            We were all here at Debbie’s Diner, and Melody and I were currently on duty. Becca and Candice were sitting on the bar stools as we talked and made plans for tonight. As we talked, Candice asks, “So how was Harry’s house?”

            All eyes are on me as I just laughed. “It was good,” I shrug. “I met his mum. She’s a really sweet woman.”

            “What’s his house like?” Becca asks.

            I give her a funny look. “Like any other house?” I say, confused. “It was a cozy little home. Why’s that so necessary to know?”

            “Because this is Harry Styles we’re talking about. No one has ever been to his house except for the other four. You’re the only girl who’s ever gone to his house,” Melody says matter-of-factly.

            I roll my eyes, dismissing what they’re saying. For some reason, I couldn’t get the image of the way Harry acted around his mum out of my head. He was so sweet and caring with her, totally opposite of the way he acts in school and around everyone else. With everyone else, he acts like a tough guy, getting into fights wherever he can. But at home, I think it’s safe to say that he’s a total mummy’s boy.

            But I’m not telling anyone that.

            After I’m done with work, I say bye to my friends and head home, after making sure that Melody would pick me up in time for the block party tonight. Once I got home, I saw that both of my parents were at home today, which made me a bit nervous. Walking in, I saw that both of them were in the living room, watching the news. They see me and give me small waves.