Chapter 4

Dearest Lucien,

I didn't expect you to take your time with your walk, but I guess that's that. I'm happy that you were able to enjoy yourself, if you ever want to do it again just ask~ Well, I hope we can meet tomorrow in front of Cassidy's house, at 9 in the morning. Sadly, it's not for card games, but for... a surprise. Whether it's good or bad for you is your choice, so you'll have to be there to find out~  Hope to see you soon, pumpkin~

                                                                                                                                                                     XOXO, Caspian

Lucien stared at the letter and cringed. He could also feel a tint of pink when reading the words 'Pumpkin' and the letters 'X' and 'O'. He could feel his hands and cheeks heat up. AGAIN. He gently folded the paper and shoved it on top of his nightstand and got ready to get to sleep. In the shower, he weighed his options. One, he knew Cassidy, but they weren't on the best terms. Then again, he had nothing better to do, and Caspian did actually make him have fun...

By the time Lucien hit the sheets, he had already made his option, and in good time too, he was tired, and sleep won the battle easily.

Time Skip to next day(Wow, first time):

Caspian was pacing in front of Lucien's house, it was around 8:23. It didn't match his letter, but the thief wanted to make sure Lucien was okay when getting out of the house. Next thing you know, at around 8:30 in the morning, the highwayman came out to a close embrace from Caspian, who caught himself at the last moment. "Gooooood morning pumpkin~ I see you got my letter!" Both regarded the weird interaction that happened around 3 seconds ago and Lucien only grunted, saying "Yeah, yeah I did. What do you want?"

"Well good morning to you I guess. Well, Cassidy just asked me a question, and asked to meet up with you. Maybe a greeting? I don't know, but look, I have free food riding on this, just come pleaseee?" Caspian shook his hands and Lucien just stared at the begging thief with utter confusion.

"I did not understand half of the fucking words you said." 

"Look, do you want to come or not? It needs to be something important if it's from a lady who can beat up people like my Gramps. Plus. free food!"

 "Can't you just stea-"

"That's not fun if it's Cassidy. Plus, she'll try to rat me out."

"...What the- never mind, fine, I'll go you ginger rat."

"Said the edgy baguette man."

"WHAT DID-"

"Hahahahaha- I'm out, bye!"

And with that, the thief sprinted off, Lucien was faster though, and easily caught up with the dashing thief. Lucien grabbed Caspian by the shoulder, pulled him back, and said "Listen here, you little shit, you're lucky I don't give two damns about my life right now. Lead the way, and we'll not talk about this." Caspian only nodded, and hesitantly, started walking, with Lucien grabbing a hold onto his hand.

"Why-" 

"So you don't run off again, you sly rat." 

"Aww! Thanks for the compliment!"

"That- You- I- What- UGHHHH! You are so goddamn annoying!"

"I know you like it~"

"Bitch, my life is ruined right now. No. Drop dead. I don't want to trust again."

Caspian was taken aback by the harsh statement and only dropped his head, still leading the way. Lucien could even hear a little murmur of "I'm sorry..." Lucien felt some guilt, but he knew after what happened, that he should never let his guard down, especially with people he felt comfortable with.

Wait.

Did that mean-

No! He wasn't comfortable with Caspian, he just felt... no no no. He couldn't be happy with him. He shouldn't be. He CAN'T be. He just-

"Oooh! Up ahead! I see her house! Let's go!" Caspian again snapped the highwayman out of his thoughts and practically jerked Lucien from walking into doing a very sloppy jog, once the thief realized that, he stopped slowly, so Lucien wouldn't fall and said "Oh Batavia! Sorry about that, I got excited. Sorr-" "It's fine." The prince raised his eyebrow, but just shrugged it off, and they got back to walking.

A few seconds later, they reached the ranch of the outlaw. It was dusty, probably old, but charming in an annoying way, just like the prince next to the highwayman. She was one of the first legends though, and that gained a lot of respect. Not the point though, as the cowgirl stood outside, tapping her foot. She was not in her usual outfit though, instead, it was replaced with a chef's outfit. Even topped off with a cupcake icon on her bandana. Weirdly, when she saw them, she tipped, slightly bowing. When she stopped, she looked at the two, raised an eyebrow at Caspian, and with a slight chuckle, said "Hello Caspian. I see you actually agreed."

"Yeah yeah, let's get this over with. ANYways, meet Lucien, the one you asked for." The thief cut her off and used his hands to dramatically present his 'friend'. Lucien only squinted his eyes and when Cassidy awkwardly went to shake his hand. He still complied though, much to the relief of the prince.

"Well then. Let's not waste time shall we?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassidyyyyyy is cool. Yeah. Okay. Bye.