Chapter 5

Caspian could've sworn that the outlaw was a little annoyed with them, but he shrugged it off. Free food is free food.

"So. What do you want me for?"

"Ok... how do I put it into a... non-bitter way?"

"Now what do you mean by that?"

"Basically I-"

"Just say it."

"It's for your ex gf so can you tell us what's her favorite cake flavor?"

"CASSIDY!"

The cowgirl shut her mouth in embarrassment. Caspian was pissed.

"YOU CAN'T BE RUDE ARE YOU KIDDING?! IT'S BEEN HOW LONG SINCE THE DRAMA?!"

"5 da-"

"I DIDN'T NEED YOU TO ANSWER BUT DO YOU KNOW HOW SHORT IT IS TO GET OVER SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!" He punched Cassidy suddenly.

"Ow- okay"

"..! Sorry sorry! I forgot how... strong(?) I can be..."

The outlaw then hurriedly rushed to Lucien, saying "Sorry! Really! Sorry! I didn't mean to be rude! You didn't have to answer! I just needed to know- actually, you guys can leave if that was really rude I'm-" "No. It's fine." Cassidy's eyes brightened, surprised.

"Really? That was rud-" "It's fine. I don't care." Lucien cut her off quickly. Caspian just froze and said "Are you sure?" Lucien gave a curt nod, and with some sort of fake smile, said 

"I know what her favorite cake is. Just... don't rub it in okay?" 

"Now why would I-" 

"Let's talk about the situation that happened 5 seconds prior, shall we?" 

"Damn, okay. Sorry-"

Caspian only looked at the two and said "We're getting off track." Cassidy nodded, then awkwardly said "Let's head into the kitchen. Don't mind the... mess. It's been crazy." Lucien looked at Caspian with a 'you owe me' look and both looked back and nodded.

"Well anyways... did you get her invitation?"

Lucien shook his head. He always checked the mail. He did it before meeting up with the Batavian prince. He didn't get any invitation, did that mean "SHE DIDN'T INVITE YOU?!" Caspian suddenly snapped out of nowhere. The two flinched, Lucien the most. 

"Did you see an envelope? Red ribbon? Fancy and stuff?"

"No"

"Uhh... did a Valkyrie give it to you by hand?"

"No."

"Actually, at the market, I overheard some shit. Diana and her friends were talking about the guest lis-"

"WHAT DID THEY SAY?!" Caspian snapped again.

"Caspian... you good? I have never heard you snap like this..." Cassidy cocked her head and looked at the thief, who just closed his eyes and said.

"Sorry... I'm not in my best mood... continue, sorry."

Lucien looked suspiciously at Caspian, then turned to the outlaw, who just sighed before starting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'M BACK WITH A NEW FRIEND AND A NEW CHAPTER WHAT'S UP! This was rushed, I'm very sorry. I swear I'll develop Cassidy more in later chapters, if she appears. Anyways, happy holidays, watch the 2022 brawlhallidays trailer, Cas and Jaeyun are getting love! Anyways, get a hug, a hopefully better day, and I'll see ya!