Chapter 8

Speaking of which, the Highwayman was at his house. Still deep in thought, with nothing to truly bother him. And honestly, he didn't know if it was good or not. Stuck in his own thoughts, there was a main one- Why Caspian was nice to him. And why he was doing the same.

Now here he was, sitting on his couch, barely listening to the muffled sound of the tv behind him. He kept on having these questions, but well, he couldn't answer them. "Hello." A soft, smooth voice could be heard, and Lucien pulled out his blasters and pointed at the figure. Some hair covered his eyes due to his head whipping so quickly.

The hair got out of his eyes with another shake of his head, and he could focus. It was the kitsune, Yumiko. "Ok you have to be kidding me. Is Caspian hiring people to fucking interacting with me? Because if he is, tell him to fuck off and to tell you guys to fuck off. Talking to you fox." He said darkly, putting his blasters away. The fox-lady giggled and said "I know you're there. I may be blind, but my mind does not play games."

"Now what the fuc-"

"You think that I am deaf too? No. I can hear you and those thoughts of yours."

"You'r-"

"Lying? Haha. I thought you knew me a little more, Lucien. You're thinking about him, aren't you, my acquaintance?"

"...Ge-"

"Out? No. I need some confirmation. And... I want to help."

"...Fine. You're fucking right. I hope you're smug about it. Also why would you want to help me?"

"Well one, I can hear your thoughts while walking to a party. They're quite... noisy? I may have to say... Two, I may as well, because I guarantee that Hattori will ask me to take care of that shadow stealer and the lovebird friends of yours. And I want to kind of get out of it. Th-"

"They-"

"Are not your friends. Ok, I get it. But finally, three, because honestly, to put it in a nice way, you seem to need guidance. And love, and friends, and-"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. Oh no my girlfriend broke up with me and now I need sympathy from everybody. I hit fucking rock botto-"

"-bottom with a *ahem* kitsune grandma. Am I correct?"

"...Please stop interrupting me. I want to say this myself."

The lady smiled and her ears flicked, she said "Ok then... I will. But look, maybe... just be patient with that thief friend, now don't deny it, and maybe you will get your answers highwayman." Lucien let out an external sigh. Damn her and her mind reading powers. Yumiko seemed to have laughed at the comment.

He sighed and said "What do you know anyways?"

"You are growing... how do I put it... comfortable with him. Your memories... replaying... your thoughts are very... mellow of his actions. So yes, you are comfortable with him."

"I... no-"

"You are. I haven't even seen you for a few days. I can tell with your mind... emotion... also don't take out your katars, I'm not dangerous or a mind manipulator... like Diana, apparently."

"She is though..."

"...Maybe... maybe she is... but that... you need to understand emotions more. Especially yours."

"You've never even experi-"

"Experienced love? Sorry to break that 'no interrupting' rule, but I have... just never... got too into it. Either way... you are still confused. Yes? You don't know what you are doing with your actions to Caspian. Lucien, you need to understand how you feel and how the other feels about... things. Maybe that coul-"

"Could've saved me from being in a rivalry with Diana? Well guess what, you're not the only one who can tell."

Yumiko giggled, amused. "Correct. Remember, always use your other senses. Also, don't be in denial... trust me... it'll pay off..." Lucien glared with confusion and said "What di-" "Now. I have a party to go to. See you later, fair highwayman. Au Revoir!" Lucien opened his mouth again, but a blue wisp came out, blinding the room for a few seconds...

The wisp disappeared...

And so did the lady.

Lucien looked at the window, still very confused. And quite jokingly attacked by the use of French in her 'parting'. All he could do now was wait. Maybe she would come back afterwards.

Maybe someone else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ello again! This was another short chapter, sorry! I'm going to see if I can make it over 1000 words next time! Promise! Also Yumiko's here to help thicken the plot. She knows. Anyways, here's a bunch of hugs I'm sending you! See you guys later!