Chapter 14

Lucien made no haste to grab the teal flame, which transformed around his hands into his katars. He looked in front of him and attacked Orion, diving his weapons into the legend's chest, before shoving him up with no time to react. Diana stopped the highwayman right in his tracks, shooting him square in the chest. Shock from before was wiped off her face.

She squinted her eyes and jumped at him, bow ready to pull or push him, whatever she had in plan. Lucien did not want to be a part of that, so he swung a katar at her face before she could react, knocking her back. She landed on the ground and pulled her bowstring, shooting again at him, throwing him off.

The monster hunter then did a backflip in the air, grabbing him in with the bow, then kicking him, upwards, and finishing it off with another arrow to the chest, sending him upwards, where she had an ambitious move ready. She leaped in the air, getting her recovery ready when Lucien dodged and swung at her face with his katars again, throwing her to the floor.

He then dove at her, making her crash into the floor with a thud before a spike ball was thrown at his head, putting him off course, probably from Orion. He fell onto the floor and Diana saw this as her chance, leaping into the air, spinning as her bow threw him. She stretched her bow, taking aim before a smoke bomb hit her in the head and launched her away, into the ground across from the highwayman.

Lucien looked behind him and saw the thief winking quickly at him before fighting the disarmed Orion, using his gauntlets to pummel the gold-colored legend and throwing him off. The highwayman felt blood filling his cheeks, but now it was time to fight. No time for useless things like feelings. Maybe it was from the fight. Nevermind that right now. That didn't matter.

Lucien quickly grabbed a horn and blew it, taking a deep breath as the horn rang and echoed around the battlefield. The sidekick came, barreling and launching Orion away, before dropping a 'sword' for the highwayman, who swiftly grabbed it, and immediately aimed towards the monster hunter, who shot her bow in the air, which missed him by a hair, the arrow denting the platform as it disappeared.

He shot his flintlocks at her, sending her diagonally and into the range he wanted, so he leapt and plunged his blasters in her back before shooting, yellow particles flying as she was knocked off and disarmed. She slid across the field and grabbed a convenient weapon, which formed into her blasters. Lucien made a mistake of jumping at her, and she shot an object above, which exploded, emitting smoke and launching him. Far.

All of them were orange, near red if anything. It didn't seem to bother them, none tried to play any safer anyways, it was as if they didn't care that there was only one stock.

On the thief's side, he was still fighting the gold bastard. It was like every time the legend was launched off, he wouldn't die. It was annoying, but Caspian made the most of it, trying to make it look a little entertaining each time.

Orion was on the ledge again, and he jumped to meet Caspian before kicking him repeatedly in the chest, knocking him off. He then grabbed his lance and did his signature move: Charge with blinding blue wings at the opponent. Caspian dodged it just in time, and then with simple hand gestures, sent a barrage of bombs from his gauntlets, and for extra measure, he threw his gauntlets at him, sending the legend off for the last time.

Or so he thought.

The prince made no haste, and quickly got his katars before joining Lucien with fighting the monster hunter. Sweat was seen on Diana's forehead as she took a breath and shot Caspian, not allowing him to help. Caspian was knocked pretty far, but he lived. He recovered on the ground and dove right into her, before he could make another move, she swiftly dodged and charged right at Lucien, blasters ready as she rolled...

Lucien went to move, but he knew it would hit and cost him a stock. He was fast, but Diana was faster.

...

But Caspian was faster than the both of them.

The thief dove in front, making Diana shoot him instead, as Lucien moved back swiftly, dodging the best he could. Not that it mattered, the thief took most of the hits, and the force launched him into the air, where Orion, who recovered with his lance not too long ago, made it his chance to use his stupid side-signature again. Barreling and throwing the thief right back at Diana, who shot him twice, then used a string to pull and throw him off with extreme quickness and force.

The prince rocketed into the void below and a sickening crunch and thud could be heard. Smoke erupted from the bottom, and some other particles sprang out. He was out. The crowd erupted, in shock and excitement. Nothing like this had happened in a while. The sidekick floated down to grab Caspian, seeming in shock. Even Diana and Orion were shocked for a moment. Lucien wasn't after seeing the robot move. Nothing was going to distract him now.

He quickly leapt and shot at Orion, who was just going to do another one of his sigs on his lance. The blasts finally shot the legend out of the game. The crowd grew more rowdy, and if you listened enough, you could hear Nix and Artemis cheering the loudest, even though the two(really, just Artemis) stayed quiet most of the time. The smoke evaporated into the shape of a skull, and he faced Diana, rage burning in his eyes.

It was as if the stadium went quiet, and a showdown was to happen. Diana wiped sweat off her brow and panted, before using her blasters to lightly shoot him again, trying to finish him off the best she could. Lucien steered over and shot her in the back, but she stayed put, charging at him as well.

Eventually, he felt his blasters slip out of his hand when she sent a blow. He saw the crimson colors flash before him as he was shot again, across the stage. Surprisingly, he held his ground. Still, he took a great amount of knockback, his knees were weak and his arms were burning, crying out in pain. His vision was cloudy and sweat covered it every so often. It didn't matter.

Diana was going to make this fast. She dove, blasters ready, aimed straight at the highwayman, who juked her, kicked her in the chest repeatedly, and grabbed the nearest item. A bomb.

He looked at the bomb and the monster hunter, who was charging again, unaware. He closed his eyes and readied the explosive, hoping that if it hit her, maybe the explosion would knock both of them out, but he knew that wouldn't happen.

His eyes tightened and he hurled the bomb. Diana rolled and shot. 

...

A giant(well, more like 'bigger than average') explosion erupted the stadium. Lucien swore the noise deafened his ears for a second, and his eyes, as all he saw when there was contact was no longer the crimson belonging to the hunter. It was a multitude of colors, mostly gray and ranges of orange. 

When the explosion reached the both of them, one of the brawlers was shot as fast as a bullet, right into the void. The other brawler was knocked back too, and a faint outline of the brawler was seen, sliding and practically falling over. The smoke was too huge, mixing from the bomb and the fully-charged attack. It covered the survivor, who was just a lump on the ground now. It was like nothing the crowd had ever seen before.

No one saw who that was. The crowd was at the edge of their seats when the smoke died down.

Then... the smoke cleared out. The brawler rose ever so slowly.

The crowd went wild.

--------------------------------------------------------

It was short, but I can't really write fight scenes. Sorry if some stuff was repetitive, this is kind of new to me. Well I hope you guys enjoyed this. Pretty sure you guys knew who won. I'm so predictable hahahahaha-

Ok bye. Sending love.