Chapter 9

Note: If you guys expect me to proofread these chapters, I do. But only like once so don't mind any mistakes. Normally if I do find any, it's taken care of quite quickly. Anyways, enjoy the story!

-------------------------------------------

It was currently 11:45. The French man was still up. Still in thought, still lost. He was lying in bed, overthinking, losing hours of sleep, he would know, looking at the clock back then at 9, then now. At nearly 12. He couldn't stop shuffling, and his eyes refused to give into sleep. He wanted to blame it on those macarons that he finished quite quickly 4 hours ago, but he knew that this was on him.

If it wasn't already seen, he still was wondering about the party. "Just fucking sleep..." He grumbled to himself. He had little monologues with himself every once in a while. Sometimes they lasted very little, sometimes long. Eventually, he just sighed and threw himself off of bed "Guess I'll take a walk... I have nothing better to do without being too loud."

He put on his coat, hats, boots, and blasters, of course, and left. "This is seriously not good for my sleep schedule..." But he knew he couldn't sleep. Might as well clear his thoughts with a walk.

It wasn't even that bad. The moon was up, glistening, it was near silent because nearly everyone was at the party. The only thing was the crickets, which were chirping.

Hmm... I wonder why there are fucking furries and... normal animals. Like Fait's cat. And Munin. Mordex just turned into a furry. The shark is a god's daughter. No. Thatch's daughter, which makes it worse. Can't forget about the gargoyle, but she's been made to look like that, which makes everybody assume that she's a boy. And the fucking glockroach. And that cat. Asuri. I still wonder where Brynn got her from... my jokes were ok. I think. Ehhhh, whatever, she's still annoying in battle anyways.

"What are you doing this late Luci~?"

*CLICK* "WOAH- OKAY! MY BAD-" Lucien turned around and saw Caspian behind him, with a scared(well, not really) face. He put the blasters away from his neck and yelled.

"STOP CALLING ME THAT- ALSO WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU UP THIS LATE THEN?!"

"I was at a party. I left early. It's still going... probably."

"...Mhm... how was the party? Great?"

"No- well, yes, at sometime, but no, not really. Just a regular party-"

"So good?"

"Wait what-"

"Most parties are good. Especially here."

"You get drunk in th-"

"Yes. But who the fuck cares? I'm having a good time."

"I guess... well, for me, not enough pizzazz."

"You had something on your mind."

"Yeah. You~" Lucien's eyes widened and he felt heat rising again.

"HAHHhaHHA- YOUR FACE! Ok, but seriously... yeah you were."

The highwayman's grip on his blasters loosened.

"Now what do you mean by that?"

"You know your present?"

"...yes... What about it?"

"She was really excited-"

"And then she asked you how you knew she wanted it and you stupidly gave credit."

"Ho-"

"Your face reads it. Also I got advice before. Don't ask what. I just did."

Caspian nodded embarrassingly and said "Impressive, my pumpkin! Also yes. Her expressions were..."