Chapter 5

Harry worked the rest of his shift and closed up the bakery once the last person left. He turned the open sign to closed and locked the door so no one would try to come in. He waved goodbye to the other workers as they left out the kitchen exit.

Once everyone was gone and it was only himself and his mum in the bakery he marched to her office.

"Mother." Harry called out as he approached and Anne looked up slightly worried at her sons tone.

"What's wrong Harry?" She questioned as he entered the office with a tense jaw.

"Did you forget to mention something to me about the other day?" Harry questioned glaring down at his mum.

"Other day?" Anne asked; confused.

"Yes the other day when a certain somebody's mum showed up here!" Harry snapped crossing his arms.

"When a certain-- oh." Anne caught onto what Harry was getting at. "You found out Jay came to the bakery. How did you find out love? Did she come again?"

"No she didn't fucking come again!" Harry growled and Anne looked shocked at his language. "The reason I don't ever work the front came in!"

Anne's eyes widened and she made to apologize to Harry but he kept on talking.

"I cannot believe you didn't bother to tell me! I bring Scarlet in here! If I had known she had been here I would've been more careful, I wouldn't have brought her here so much! I mean, if I had known Jay had been here I at least would've kept her in the back with Megan!" Harry exclaimed referring to the 25 year old platinum blonde that normally helped him frost the cupcakes.

Scarlet had taken a quick liking to Megan especially after the older girl let her help frost a few cupcakes all while pretending she didn't notice Scarlet sneaking some of the frosting.

"I didn't think much of it Harry, it was the first time in six years that I've even seen her." Anne responded trying to make him see reason.

"And it didn't cross your mind that she might tell him about it?" Harry steamed.

"Harry you need to calm down, Scar wasn't here." Anne tried again.

"But she could have been! She could have been here and he could have found out!" He snapped and Anne sighed.

"Did he say anything to you?" She questioned changing the subject.

"Yeah, he asked if we could talk like over coffee or something." Harry scoffed quoting Louis.

"And you said?"

"No." He answered bluntly.

"Maybe you should --" Anne began but Harry quickly cut her off.

"Don't you dare suggest that I talk to him. I think he did enough talking eight years ago. He had plenty of chances to talk to me after he broke up with me but he never did! He never answered my calls or texts but now he wants to talk?... No, that's not happening." Harry shook his head.

He wouldn't set himself up for another heartbreak. He knew if he talked to Louis and Louis apologized he would forgive him and he'd let himself hope only to be let down.

"Alright love, it's your choice but it may give you the closure you're still seeking. Maybe if you get the closure you'll be able to settle down, find someone that treats you and Scarlet right. Perhaps that mystery bill payer." Anne smiled and winked at him. "Think about it, but for now you better go get Scarlet I'm sure she's ready to go home."

Harry nodded his head pulled his car keys out of his pocket.

"If they start coming in, start letting me know." He stated then bid her goodnight as he left.