Chapter 40 Epilogue

**Three Years Later***

"Skylar! Give that back to me!" Scarlet demanded as her little sister rushed over and snatched away Harry's kindle that she had been using for her summer reading for school.

"Daddy says dinner time!" Skylar giggle and kept running, little legs taking her out of the office and towards the kitchen.

"Skylar!" Scarlet yelled as she got up and hurried after her.

They're fourteen and three now, Skylar's birthday hadn't come yet - it was still three months away. It's moments like these ones though that Scarlet can't help but wish her sister was still one and not taking things from her.

"Skylar!" Scarlet called again following her sisters giggles. "Don't you dare lose my place in that book." she exclaimed, hoping her sister would exit out of the screen.

When she gets to the kitchen Skylar is offering the kindle to Harry with a smile. Harry took it from her, marked Scarlet's page and then shut the device down.

"Dinner time." He stated, looking over at her.

"Yeah, I know. She told me after taking it from me." Scarlet grumbled, shooting a sharp look at Skylar.

"Easy." Louis cut in, walking over a pressing a kiss to Scarlet's forehead, musing her chocolate curls as he did.

"Can't you tell her to stop doing that?" Scarlet requested with a pout. "I don't look at the page numbers I just read them and mark where I've left off if needed."

"Well maybe you should start looking at the page numbers." Louis suggested, going to the cabinet and pulling down glasses for them.

"What's the point in technology then?" Scarlet questioned, crossing her arms and watching as her father moved to get ice.

"To make things easier." Louis answered simply.

"You should still use your brain love." Harry spoke up, "I don't think it's too much to ask for you to remember some numbers."

Instead of replying, Scarlet just rolled her eyes and went over to the dinner table where Skylar was waiting to be placed into her high chair so she could reach the table.

"Up." Skylar demanded looking up at her sister.

Sighing, and really unable to stay annoyed with her sister, Scarlet picked her up and placed her in the seat. Harry walked over with two plates of food, one for himself and one for Skylar, and motioned for Scarlet to go make her own plate.

-*-

Married life hasn't been all bliss. There are times when they simply get on each other's nerves and need some space. It never lasts long though, by night they're always asleep in the same bed - one of them always murmuring apologies to the other.

After three years of marriage, they still work together, still move in sync and knows what the other is feeling. Sometimes it makes it easy and sometimes it makes it harder. Like when Louis' just had a bad day at work and Harry knows he's upset but Louis won't talk to him. It's on those kinds of days when one of them walks away because they need space.

Louis' learned when he gets aggravated he needs to walk away and cool off. Nearing their two year anniversary, he hadn't walked away one time and honestly he was questioning if he was going to be celebrating their anniversary or if he was going to be signing divorce papers.

_*Flashback*_

_It's two days before their second wedding anniversary. Louis' been working all day and in the few spare moments he has he's busy planning his and Harry's anniversary date. His mum is watching the girls and he's trying to set up a romantic night for Harry._