Chapter 41 Extended Epilogue (One Shot Sequel)

Scarlet was easy. It had been a simple matter of going to the mall and her spotting a dress she liked, trying it on, and dubbing it her prom dress. Louis thinks she might have tried on a total of five dresses before settling on the second one. He had told her she could spend whatever she wanted on her press since prom was special, despite Harry's squawking about not needing to spend a crazy amount, and in the end he thinks it came out to a total of 350 euro's between the dress, shoes, and simple jewellery. Louis' event make-up and hair artist, Lou Teasdale, had come in and done Scarlet's hair and make-up and Harry had been quick to hire a photographer. Scarlet's then boyfriend, Bradley, had arrived at their home and Louis had stared the boy down so hard Harry was surprised Bradley hadn't made a run for it. In the end, everything had been perfect. Scarlet had looked gorgeous in her simple lilac full length dress and silver heels and Bradley had been the gentleman Louis expected him to be.

Skylar however, well she was a different story. Louis' went with her and he gave her the same freedom he had given Scarlet.

_"I don't care how much you spend as long as it doesn't make you look trampy"_

The statement had earned a sharp look from Skylar and a gesture to her outfit which had consisted of sweatpants, one of Louis' sweaters, and a pair of vans. Harry, who had been sitting on the sofa, had laughed and shook his head.

"Lou, honestly it's like you don't know her." He chuckled, standing up and moving to wrap an arm around his youngest daughter. "You always dress impeccably."

"Thanks daddy." Skylar had smiled, resting her head on his shoulder happily. "See papa, daddy trusts me."

"I'm still going with you." Louis had responded, pulling out his keys and gesturing for her to go ahead to the car while he said a quick goodbye to Harry, "I'll see you later babe."

"Yeah, see you much later." Harry smiled, knowing this was going to be an all-day event. "Love you."

"Love you more." Louis replied, pressing a kiss to his lips then following after their daughter.

They had gone to a few shops in the mall before Skylar had declared she was ready to go elsewhere to look, nothing really tickling her fancy.

"What colour did you and Parker agree on again?" Louis questioned as they got into his new Range Rover.

"Light blue." Skylar answered, looking at her phone before placing it in the cup holder. "I want something with bead work I think but none of those shops had anything like that."

"We'll find a place love, don't worry." Louis had glanced over at her then back at the road.

Eventually they did find a shore, one that specialized in dresses for every occasion and Louis spends a hell of a lot more getting everything Skylar wants. But to see her so happy makes it all worth it, even when they get home and Harry finds out how much they spent.

So now Skylar was standing in her bedroom with Lou while the older woman fretted over her hair and makeup. Her hair is half pulled up with a bump on top and the rest hanging in loose curls over her back and shoulders. There's a small Swarovski crystal tiara placed at the front of the bump and she's got on simple diamond earrings with a necklace to match.

Her dress is light blue with a sweetheart neck and a fitted, beaded upper bodice with a tulle skirt that has a blue with silver designs layer underneath. She'd settled on a pair of strappy silver heels for shoes and slipped the thin diamond bracelet she had gotten from Parker, her boyfriend, on their one year anniversary. She looks like a princess, truly stunning.

Parker was already downstairs chatting with Harry and Louis by the time Skylar is done. Since they've been dating a year, he's been to the house multiple times and gets along with Louis and Harry and they trust him.