Chapter 18

If there were ever a time where Louis wasn't sure his heart was beating it was probably right then - thirty thousand feet above the ground with Niall's voice ringing in his ears.

_"Scarlet's in the hospital"_

"W-What happened?" Louis stuttered, feeling his stomach tighten with worry.

"Uh anaphylaxis... yeah that's what the nurse called it. Um... apparently it was something she ate at school, the headmaster said she collapsed in the cafeteria. They've got her stable but they're keeping her here overnight to make sure she's okay and they're not letting us see her yet." Niall explained then sighed. "Shit, I wouldn't even be calling you cause Harry said not to because he didn't want to worry you but he's so freaked out..."

"Niall" Louis cut the Irish lad off. "I'm already on a plane heading home, I should land in London in an hour or two and then I'll come to the hospital okay?"

"Okay, yeah... um I have to go, just text me when you get here and I'll come down." Niall said then proceeded to give Louis the name of the hospital.

Louis touched down in London an hour and a half later and was the first one off the plane. He hurried to grab his luggage and then hail a taxi outside, ordering the driver to take him to the hospital. It was a thirty minute ride and the car had barely stopped before Louis was tossing money at the driver and stumbling out of the car.

Niall was waiting at the entrance like he said he would be five minute earlier when Louis had text him.

"Okay flight?" Niall questioned as they walked to the lift.

"Yeah. I wasn't supposed to leave for like another three days but I just got this weird feeling and booked the first flight back." Louis replied.

Niall hummed in reply and pressed the third floor button.

"Harry's probably in Scarlet's room." Niall said when the doors opened on the waiting room where Anne, Megan, and Liam sat.

"Room number?" Louis questioned handing his suitcase to Niall.

"321." Niall replied and Louis was gone.

Louis hurried down the halls of the hospital earning a few disapproving looks from some of the nurses but screw them - honestly - his baby was in the hospital. He stopped in front of room 321 and took a breath, calming himself a little.

He knocked on the closed door and a muffled 'come in' sounded on the other side. Slowly, he opened the door and stepped in letting it close behind him. Harry was curled in a chair near the hospital bed where their daughter lay asleep. He looked up and his eyes went wide and then his face crumbled when he saw Louis.

"Oh Harry!" Louis exclaimed quietly, rushing to him as the younger sat there. "It's okay baby, I'm here and she's gonna be okay." he said wrapping his arms around Harry.

"H-How'd you f-find out?" Harry stammered, nuzzling into Louis neck.

"Niall called me. I was on a flight back, just had a feeling I needed to come home." Louis said leaning his cheek on top of Harry's head and rubbing his hand down the younger man's arm. "Did they say what the reaction was from?"

"The headmaster phoned me after school at the end of the school day and said that there had been pineapple on Scar's tray. I've never given her pineapple and all the other stuff were things I've given her before." Harry replied, closing his eyes and letting him relax in Louis' arms, sniffling a little.

"Well, at least we know now... no pineapple for our girl." Louis murmured, turning his head so he could press a series of kisses to Harry's hair and forehead. "I came here straight from the airport, sorry if I stink... I was... terrified."