Chapter 37

It was two months before the wedding and even though they had just about everything planned out, they still felt as though they were running out of time. Of course things don't always work out the way you planned and changes have to be made.

With Anne helping out planning the wedding whenever she could, Harry decided it was best to get another bakery to make their cake. Of course Louis had one to recommend that was one of the top bakeries in the United Kingdom and their prices reflected that. The owner had been thrilled when Harry and Louis had walked into the bakery, telling them she had had her fingers crossed that they would come to her for their cake ever since Louis announced they were engaged.

"We've already planned out some samples for you if you'd like to sit down." Bethany, the owner, smiled as she gestured to the small table with three chairs, two on one side and one on the other.

"Sure." Louis responded, pulling out Harry's chair for him.

Bethany hurried off and a few minutes later returned with one of her workers who was carrying a tray of cake samples.

"Okay so the first cake we have is a classic white cake with a touch of almond with a buttercream frosting." Bethany explained as the worker handed Louis and Harry forks to use.

The cake is delicious and traditional. The actual cake is moist and fresh while the icing is creamy and rich.

"The next one is our rich dark chocolate cake and it can be done with any of our frosting's but I've gone ahead with the white vanilla cream since it's a wedding." Bethany smiled, moving the slice towards them.

Harry typically loves chocolate but the chocolate really is rich just as Bethany stated and immediately he just can't see having a dark cake for an event that's supposed to be light and happy. While Bethany isn't looking Harry shook his head at Louis and Louis agreed, it's just not the right one.

"So this is our light and tangy lemon cake with our buttercream frosting." Bethany handed them the next slice.

Louis tried and failed not to make a face as he took a bite.

"You don't like it?" Bethany chuckled lightly.

"Um, no sorry, bit to tangy for me I'm afraid." Louis replied, reaching out to take a sip of the wine the worker had given them.

The last one they try is a strawberry swirl cake and it's simply scrumptious. However at the end of it all they go with the classic.

"Do you think you know which one you would like?" Bethany questioned after all the cake was cleared away.

"Yeah, I think we're gonna go with the classic white with a touch of almond." Louis answered, looking over at Harry for confirmation and received it by way of a nod and smile.

"Excellent!" Bethany smiled. "When will you need it?"

"November sixth. The reception begins at seven PM." Louis responded, reaching out for Harry's hand and giving it a squeeze.

"Alright, I just need you to fill out this card for me and there's also a down payment." Bethany explained as she handed Harry the card.

He set to work on the card while Louis went up and paid the down payment. Once they were all back at the table they discussed the design of the cake and whether or not they'd like to put anything on it. In the end they decide on a very simple, elegant design along with a very soft blue running around each tier of the cake.

"How about lunch?" Louis suggested as they left the bakery hand in hand.

"Sounds good." Harry nodded.