Chapter 34

If you asked Harry a year ago, waking up next to Louis was probably the best thing. However, if you asked him now, he'd tell you waking up engaged to Louis was the best thing ever. The light shining into their bedroom from the morning sun always seems to catch his engagement ring. He always wakes up with his hand resting on Louis' chest, his head snuggled into his shoulder - Louis arm wrapped around him. It's the best feeling in the world.

It's been nearly a month since Louis proposed and Harry's pretty sure the only way he's going to get happier in life is when they actually get married.

"Daddy!" Scarlet cheered as she ran into the room. "We leave today!"

Harry let out an 'oompf' as she jumped onto the bed and fell at his side with her arm slung over him. It was the day before her birthday and they were catching a flight to Florida. Louis had arranged to rent a house on the beach, purchased their plane tickets, and then went on to get their tickets to Disney World.

Scarlet had been over the moon when they announced what they were doing for her birthday, hugging Louis and Harry tight around their necks.

"I know bug, why don't you go change into some travel clothes while I make breakfast and wake up your dad?" Harry suggested sitting up in bed once Scarlet had moved off of him.

She nodded her head and hurried off to her bedroom to change. Harry leaned on his elbow and dipped down to nuzzle Louis' ear.

"Babe..." Harry called, giving his ear a little tug. "Lou..."

"Nnn." Louis grumbled, shifting in bed - away from Harry.

"Louis." Harry laughed, reaching out with his free hand to run it over Louis' stomach and towards his side.

It's a sure fire way to wake Louis up...

"Louis..." Harry called him a final time before letting his hand dance over Louis' side, tickling him.

Louis jolted awake and scrambled away from Harry. He would have fallen off the bed except for Harry reaching out to stop him.

"What? Why are you waking me up so early?" Louis grumbled, tossing himself down to bury his face in his pillow.

"Because we need to get up and get ready. We need to eat and put the things in the car then go to the airport." Harry responded, getting out of bed, shivering as cold air surrounded him.

Louis sighed but pushed himself out of bed. It wasn't like he wasn't used to early mornings but he really liked sleeping in when he could. As soon as both of them had finished brushing their teeth, Louis pulled Harry closer by the front of his shirt.

"Good morning fiancé." Louis smiled, nudging their noses together.

"Good morning fiancé." Harry responded, snaking his arms up to wrap around Louis' neck.

Louis' smile grew and he moved in to kiss Harry soundly. Harry hummed happily against Louis' thinner lips making the older of the two laugh at the tickling sensation from the vibration.

"I better go make breakfast, we have to leave soon." Harry said, pulling away.

Back in their bedroom they both pulled on a pair of black sweatpants and their shirts before Harry walked down to the kitchen where Scarlet already was and Louis went to get Skylar.

"We don't have too much time, how about cereal?" Harry questioned, opening up the pantry.

Scarlet nodded and Harry pulled out a box of cheerios from the pantry. As soon as they all finished eating, Harry took Skylar and Louis went to put their things in the car. Before they knew it they were on their way to the airport.