Chapter 8

Harry looked at the clock on his phone and sighed heavily as he adjusted his dark grey sweater over his black skinny jeans. He was supposed to meet Louis at a small cafe a short ways from the bakery at 7 because Louis had gotten off work after him.

Sophia and Liam had agreed to watch Scarlet and wished him luck talking to the person that shattered his heart nearly nine years ago. He had gone home after work and shower, getting rid of all the flour that might have gotten on him during the day, before pulling on what he was currently wearing. After brushing his hair up off his forehead into the makings of a quiff he bushed his phone into his back pocket and grabbed his keys.

He pulled up to the cafe at 6:50 and saw Louis' new SUV already there. With a deep breath he pushed himself forward, getting out of his car and walking up to the entrance.

Inside the smell of fresh bread and meat filled his senses and he looked around, spotting Louis sitting at one of the booths sipping what appeared to be tea while looking at his cell phone. Harry walked over to the booth and slid in wordlessly earning Louis' attention.

"Hi." Louis greeted quietly putting his phone down immediately.

"Hey." Harry replied giving him a pursed lip smile as the waitress came walking over.

She took his drink order then walked off. Harry didn't even have to glance at the menu to know what he wanted, he had been in here with Scarlet a couple times as well as his mum and the lads.

"So um... how long have you worked at the bakery?" Louis questioned breaking the silence.

"Since it opened so six years." Harry answered accepting the glass of water the waitress held out to him with a quiet thank you.

They ordered their food and were once again left alone.

"I had never been in until my mum brought me some cookies from there. Really glad she did though, they're excellent just like they were..." Louis trailed off as Harry's eyes shifted away from him and the younger lad bit his lip.

"Right. Well. What do you do?" Harry questioned looking back over at Louis.

"I own a record label, London Sound." Louis responded and Harry's eyebrows rose.

"Have anybody good signed?" He asked trying to keep the conversation simple.

"Yeah um a girl band called Little Mix and I just signed a new one called 5 Seconds of Summer." Louis answered smiling proudly.

Harry nearly choked on his water. He recognized the name Little Mix, he had seen their videos online and they were amazing. They were also a multi-million dollar band, selling out all their concerts worldwide. That meant Louis was very successful and undoubtedly rich.

"That's nice." Harry said shifting back so the waitress could set the plate with his turkey BLT down.

"Yeah, it's nice being my own boss." Louis commented picking up a fork to get a bite of his salad.

They ate in silence. Harry occasionally glanced over at Louis to find him staring intently at his salad, seeming to want to say something but not sure how to go about it.

"Why did you want to talk?" Harry finally questioned as he felt himself getting impatient and somewhat annoyed by Louis' silence.

He wanted to talk so he needed to spit out whatever it was he wanted to talk about.

"I um... I wanted to apologize." Louis stammered looking up from his salad. "I'm sorry for ending us the way I did... it was... it was horrible of me."

Harry blinked at him with a tense jaw.