Chapter 26

This could not be happening. He could not be pregnant... not now... not yet. He wanted another baby with Louis of course but they've only been in a relationship for eight months and they only just started talking again about a year and three months ago.

Harry dropped the test onto the floor and pressed his face into his knees, wrapping his arms around his head as he cried. This was going to make Louis leave, he's sure of it. He would tell Louis and Louis would leave like the last time... or maybe he wouldn't even get to tell him exactly like last time... Louis would probably leave before he got the chance again.

He sat on the bathroom floor occasionally glancing over at the pregnancy test that sat a foot away from him. The plus sign on the test glared back at him. Sighing heavily, Harry grabbed a couple of tissues and carefully wrapped the test in the tissue before placing it in the trash can. He forced himself to get up off the tile floor and walk back into the bedroom after washing his hands and rinsing his face. He saw Mallory had left the turkey sandwich and crackers on the tray but had removed the French fries which he was grateful for.

Sitting down the bed with the sandwich and crackers, he ate slowly and thought about what he was going to do. Should he tell Louis now? No... he didn't want to ruin Scarlet's birthday celebration - he's already done that enough by getting sick. He could tell Louis when they get home... but what if he's not actually pregnant? What if the test was faulty? He could lose Louis for nothing...

So he decides right then to try and keep calm when Louis and Scarlet return from the theme park and not tell Louis until he's absolutely certain even though he already knows the test isn't wrong - he'll cling to the chance that maybe it is and maybe he really did just catch a bug.

Louis and Scarlet returned to the hotel about six hours later slightly sun-burnt with more bags from purchases at the park. Harry is snoozing peacefully and stirs slightly when he feels the bed dip as Louis climbs in and then feels warm lips press to his forehead briefly. He tenses for a moment but quickly relaxed knowing Louis will pick up something is wrong.

"Have fun?" Harry murmured as Louis settled behind him, wrapping his arm around Harry's waist.

"Had a blast." Louis replied quietly - Scarlet already asleep in the other bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Better. Took a nap and ate a little." Harry answered, trying not to tense as Louis' thumb rubbed against the skin just under his belly button.

"Good, don't like when you're sick." Louis said, his voice muffled as he pressed his nose into Harry's curls. "Think you'll be up to visit CityWalk tomorrow before our flight?"

"I think so, I don't want to disappoint her plus I won't have anywhere to go since we have to check out of the hotel by twelve." Harry responded letting out a slow even breath.

"Alright love, go back to sleep." Louis replied, moving his lips down momentarily to Harry neck to kiss the soft skin. "Love you."

"I love you too." Harry whispered back.

Louis' breathing even out and Harry remained awake, placing his hand over Louis' where it still rested over his belly button. He couldn't stop the silent tears that trickled down his cheek and his nose because of how he was laying. His only hope was that if he was truly pregnant, Louis wouldn't leave him but the small voice in the back of his head told him to be ready for heartbreak and raising two kids on his own.

In the morning they packed their things and loaded them into the rental car Louis had gotten then headed over to CityWalk. After an hour of walking in an out of small shops they stopped at the Bread Box to get lunch. As they continued walking after they ate they passed the Red Oven Pizza Bakery and Harry's stomach immediately turns at the smell. He motioned to Louis that he was going to the bathroom right nearby as Louis and Scarlet slipped into another store.