Chapter 6

To say Louis was shocked when his mum told him a couple days later that Anne had said he should stop by the bakery every now and then would be an understatement. He was flat out floored; he couldn't believe his ears.

"Just remember Louis, don't pester or pressure him. This is on his time whether it takes a month or a year. He doesn't trust you." Jay said giving Louis a stern look. "Don't mess this up, Anne is being extremely gracious to even let you through the front door of that bakery." she warned.

"I won't. I'll go there tomorrow on my way into work and pick up a tea and maybe a box of cookies for the staff and clients." Louis replied feeling anxious for the next day.

"Maybe you should call the bakery and order the cookies so they're ready when you get there and you don't wipe them out." Jay suggested and Louis nodded.

He reached for his phone and picked up the receipt from the bakery that had the phone number on it. He dialled the number and pressed the phone to his ear.

"Little Cups Bakery how can I help you?" Anne answered the phone after two rings.

"Hi Anne, it's Louis, I wanted to order a large box of cookies for tomorrow to take in to my staff and clients." Louis requested as his mum disappeared into his kitchen.

"Of course dear, what flavours would  you like?" Anne questioned grabbing a notepad.

"Chocolate chip, chocolate with white chocolate chips, and sugar." Louis answered.

"Would you like equal amounts of each?" Anne asked as she wrote the flavours down.

"Sounds perfect. Could I get about 30 of them in one box and the other 20 in another?" Louis inquired.

"Of course. They'll be ready in the morning and it'll be about twenty-five dollars." Anne replied making note of the boxes.

"Thank you!" Louis said and once Anne said goodbye he hung up.

"Everything set?" Jay questioned walking back into the room with a bottle of water.

Louis nodded and Jay smiled at her sons hopeful expression.

"Remember Lou, no pestering him." Jay reminded as she picked up her purse. "I have to get going, the kids will wonder where I am."

"Alright, tell Dan and the brats I said hi." Louis said opening the door for her to leave.

He walked into his kitchen and pulled a frozen pizza out of the freezer. Even at 27 he hadn't gotten any better at cooking really. He could make a few dishes well but otherwise settled for either hiring a chef or eating frozen dinners.

In the morning he woke up in a too big bed and his alarm blaring obnoxiously in his ear. He stumbled into the bathroom and took a quick shower before brushing his teeth, styling his hair, and getting dressed for work.

He grabbed a granola bar from the pantry and held it in his mouth while he slipped into his shoes. With his wallet in his back pocket and cell phone and keys in hand he headed down to the parking garage.

The smell of freshly baked cookies filled his senses as he walked into Little Cups. A few business people were in line ordering coffee or tea and a few others were sat at the small tables. When it was Louis' turn the cashier whose name-tag read 'Tammy' smiled and asked what he would like.

"I'm here to pick up an order of cookies." Louis replied subtly glancing over her shoulder to see if he could spot Harry.

"Name?" Tammy questioned.

"Louis Tomlinson." He replied and she turned around to look at the shelf of boxes that were waiting to be picked up.

Louis looked into the kitchen and saw a head of brown chocolate curls thrown back laughing. His lips pulled into a smile at seeing Harry laughing.