Chapter 1

Penelope's POV

Oh my god if he doesn't turn that alarm off, I'm literally going to kill myself. I sigh and sit up on my bed, knowing he's a deep sleeper, he's probably not gonna wake up to that alarm. "God I hate having thin walls sometimes" I groan as I throw the sheets over and stand up and stretch, grabbing and putting my robe on and leave my apartment to go to his door and I start banging on his door loudly.

"I hope our other neighbors are deep sleepers as well" but that quickly backfires as I hear a door open to my far left and a man's voice tells me to be quiet. I quickly say an apology and he goes back to his apartment. I sigh and turn back to the door in front of me.

I hear the alarm stop ringing. And then a few seconds later I hear shuffling and footsteps coming towards the door. I slightly smile as he opens the door. "Gracious Pen, it's like 6:30 in the morning, why are you banging on my door this early in the morning?" I ignore the way his husky morning voice makes me feel and poke at his chest.

"Well mister, I wouldn't need to actually bang at your door at 6:40 if you decided to actually wake up at the time you put on your alarm." I say smugly and make sure I emphasize the correct time as his alarm had already been ringing for quite some time now.

He chuckles nervously and rubs his neck. "Has it really been ringing that long? My apologies Pen, I know you value your sleep, sleeping beauty. I shall no longer be a villain to your dreams" he smirks and bows his body but like an idiot, he hits his head on the door. "Ouch" and he stands up too quickly and hits his head on the doorframe. "Fuck!" He enters into his apartment and sits on the floor, rubbing his head.

I just laugh and enter his apartment and close the door. "Damn Gray! That's the funniest thing I've seen in awhile! Jeez!" I try and catch my breath as I keep laughing. Poor Gray just keeps rubbing his head. "It's not funny! That actually hurt." I stop laughing and breath to try and calm myself.

"You okay Gray? Need an ice pack or something?" He shakes his head. "No I'm just gonna go to bed. And I know you don't go in to work until later so here"He stands up and walks over to the counter and grabs something and he hands me his apartment keys.

"Wake me up before you leave for work. I already know I'm not gonna wake up to that alarm" I smile and nod. "Hey, at least you're gonna be like one of those cartoon cats, like in Tom and Jerry, where they have a bump on their head" I start to giggle and he just stares at me and I stop laughing.

"What? Is there something on my face" He smiles and shakes his head. "No, you're perfect, uh I mean you're perfectly fine. There's nothing on your face, I'm just upset you're making fun of me" and then he gives a stupid pout. "Cry" I say to him. And he just opens his mouth and then closes it. "Maybe I will." He pretends to sulk but then yawns. "Okay I'm going to sleep. Goodnight" I laugh and push him gently " Sure Gray, good morning" I smile at him and make my way out.

Once I'm back in my apartment, I finally get rid of the robe and fix my underwear. I hate wearing clothes to sleep, I only wear my underwear to sleep. I stretch and make my way to bed but stop as I pass my mirror. I grab at my thick stomach and rub my hands over my stretch marks. It's a struggle sometimes to like my own body but I'm working on it. I sigh as I drop my stomach and get into bed, making sure my alarm is on to wake up and I pull the covers up and go back to sleep.

~*~

I groan as my alarm rings and I quickly turn it off. I sit up and stretch and get up and walk to the bathroom. After using the toilet, I walk to the sink and brush my teeth. Okay so I need to do some paperwork to get some more flowers for the cafe, pay the employees, serve the tables, man the cash register if need be, and then clean and lock up.

I spit into the sink and wash the rest of the tooth paste in the sink. "Should be an easy day" I frown slightly at myself in the mirror. "I really got to get better about how I think of my body" I walk out and go to my closet to pick out some clothes.

"What should I wear today? I'm feeling like wearing black today" I grab a long sleeve black shirt and jeans and nod and put on the outfit I picked out. And walk to my kitchen and open the fridge and wince. "I really need to do some grocery shopping"

I shake my head and get my little bag and grab the book I'm currently reading and put it in, along side with some leftovers and cafe keys. I quickly brush my hair and leave my apartment and lock the door and walk over to Grays door and unlocked it, walking inside.

I set my bag down and walk to his room and walk inside but stop short when I see the cover a bit low to show his chest as he is shirtless. God he's a fine ass man, well- for a friend. I slightly shake my head and walk over to him and hear him snoring slightly. I giggle as I get an idea.

I go over to the other side of the bed and go on my hands and knees and start bouncing on the bed. "Ring! Ring! Ring! Time to wake up Gray!" I laugh as he jumps and groans, pulling the sheets over his head.

I stop bouncing and pull the sheets down. "Don't make me pour cold water on you Gray" He just stares at me. "You wouldn't dare" I smirk down at him. "Wanna bet?" And then my smirk fades. "Scratch that, I gotta go! See ya later Gray!" I say as I hurriedly run out of his room to grab my bag.

"I'll come by the cafe later!" I hear him shout from his room. "Alright!" I say as I leave his keys on his counter and leave out the door, shutting it behind me. "Ohhh I gotta go" I quietly say to myself as I rush my way towards the elevators.

                                        *

Welp this was my first chapter of this new book. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter!

 I really hope you enjoyed this chapter!

This is the outfit she has on