Chapter 46

Penelope's POV

This fucking bastard is recreating our first date. I don't know if I should melt on how cute this is or throw up from how cringey this is but I decide to do the first option.  I didn't even realise until we got to the library after we went to that same cafe. "We have so much books back home though?" He chuckles and gives me a look. "Alright, okay. Let's go!" I take his hand and pull him towards the romance section.

I give him a look. "Who's paying?" He smiles. "Who loves to spoil you?" I sigh. "Yeah, you're right" I spot a book called 'That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon' and 'That Time I Got Drunk And Yeeted A Love Potion at a werewolf.' I smile and grab those two books. Grayson looks at me weirdly.

"Leave me alone with my weird genres" He shakes his head, smiling. "I didn't say anything" I roll my eyes. "You wanted to and your face did the talking" I hand the books to him and I walk around the section for a bit before going to the spicy section with Grayson following behind me.

I picked out a few more books before going to the comedy section and selecting a book. Then I spot Archer's Voice. I walk quickly to that book and grab it, turning around to see Grayson smiling at me. "I've been wanting to read Archer's Voice for so long!" I hand the book to Grayson and turn around before turning back. "wait, you have a lot of books in your arms, let me carry some"  I go to grab some books but he moves away.

"I'm happy to be carrying the books for my girl, you just keep being happy and handing me books sunshine" I squint my eyes at him but shrug. "Oh well, I'm done anyways, lets go" After paying for the books, he places the bags in the car and opens the door and helps in but takes out a blindfold and wiggles his eyebrows.

I lean my head back and groan, looking at him. "It's like a thirty-five to forty drive. Do I have to?" He nods, smiling. "Fine" He places the blindfold around my eyes and puts the seatbelt around me, closing the door. After a sec, he comes inside the car and I hear some patting. "You okay?" He hums. "Yep" He sounds weird.

                                     ~*~

"Can you even see anything out here thumper? The sun was going down when we walked back to the car" He chuckles. "Yes I can see, just some things grew out here that's making it a bit harder to walk" I frown. "Better not let me trip, I can't see shit" I feel him rub my hand. "I won't let you get hurt" I smile softly and before long, he stopped me. "Hold on, I'll tell you when you can take it off" I nod and stand still.

I thought I heard more than one person walking but that's probably just in my head. After a bit, he finally speaks but he sounds kinda far. "Take it off sunshine!" I reach up to take it off. "Let me do that pumpkin" I freeze and dad unties the blindfold, I look behind me to see dad smiling warmly down at me, I look back and see George, Lilly, Cherry, Maria, Liam, and Travis. I can't see Grayson but I know he's here.

There's small candles around and blankets on the ground all over the field. Is he proposing? "D-Dad?" I turn to dad and see him holding a lotus flower. My favorite flower. "Grayson is a good man pumpkin and he wanted me to give you this" He holds the lotus to me and I take it. "Do I look fine dad?" He chuckles. "Now you could you wear a damn trash bag and that boy would still worship the ground you walk on" I laugh softly and he kissed my cheek softly.

"Now go on, he's waiting for you" I nod and walk to Liam and smile. "Here you go pen!" He holds out the lotus and I crouch down. "Thank you sweet boy" I lean in and kiss his cheek and he giggles. "Mami had to remind me to be quiet but I think I did a good job, right?" I smile and stand up, ruffling his hair. "You did" Lima walks to his mom and holds her hand and she holds out the flower. "This is for you" I smile and take it from her, tears rising in my eyes.