Chapter 26

Grayson's POV

I smile down at my beautiful sunshine sleeping in my arms. I weave my fingers through her hair as she sleeps. Her hair is so soft. I lean down and gently kiss her forehead. Her response is to unconsciously snuggle harder against me. I smile at the action and admire her features.

Her plump lips, her eyelashes, her naturally rosy cheeks. I sigh and hold her closer to me. I've been awake for the last 30 minutes, she fell asleep not long after I told her to sleep but I just can't sleep. I'm too happy and in love with my girl to sleep.

I remember when I first met her, I thought she was really pretty but I had been a bit of a jerk to her, telling her to stop singing that song. I smile at the memory. She sang 'you are my sunshine' repeatedly for three months and it drove me crazy that I actually knocked on her door to tell her to stop.

FLASHBACK

I raise my hand to knock on her door but freeze when I hear her singing.

"You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are gray"
"You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please don't take
My sunshine away"

Her voice sounds even more angelic when it isn't through a wall. I shake my head and knock on her door. Her singing stops and I can hear her shuffle before I hear footsteps come towards the door and a few seconds later the door opens. I look down to see the person that has been driving me crazy with her singing wearing a onesie and holding an elephant plushy. She's so pretty, brown hair and brown eyes. She's pretty short though. I shake my head slightly and smile softly.

"Hello, I'm your next door neighbor. My name is Grayson Miller" I hold my hand out for a shake and she smiles softly, taking my hand and shaking it. "Penelope Jones, what are you doing here?" I chuckle nervously. "Um, so I know you've been living here for three months and I just wanted to let you know that the walls are pretty thin." She raises her eyebrow. "I know, I can hear your Tv sometimes, so why bring up the walls?" I smile nervously.

"So I was wondering if you'd stop singing you are my sunshine. It's not that you have a bad voice or anything it's just you've been singing it every day since you moved here and I have that song stuck in my head and it's been driving me crazy" She just stares at me. "So let me get this straight, you came out of your apartment to knock on my door to tell me to stop singing because it's stuck in your head and driving you crazy while I'm in my own apartment?" I wince slightly.

That sounds so bad. "Yeahhhh?" I smile nervously again. She just stares at me again and we sit in silence for a few seconds before she bursts out laughing and this time I'm the one staring at her. After a bit, she stops. "Man, I didn't even notice I was singing that so often. But yea I'll sing it less often. You are a very awkward man, Grayson Miller" I scratch the back of my head.

"I'm awkward with people that I don't know very well" She smiles and nods. "I understand, if you want you can come inside and eat something before you go back or just take some food with you" My eyes widened and I stare at her. "Really?" She smiles and nods again. "Really. I want to give you a proper good first impression and be known as a nice woman, not as the woman that drives you crazy" I laugh softly. "Sure, I'd like that" She smiles and steps to the side to let me in and I walk in.

FLASHBACK OVER

She looked so cute in that onesie. Oh I should totally buy matching onesies. I smile down at her as she snores softly. My god, I love her so much. I love everything about her.

Her soft brown hair, her brown puppy eyes, slight freckles across her cheeks, her soft skin, her little hands, her thick thighs and plump stomach, her stretch marks and even the scars that she seems to hate.

Even though I hate how she got them, I will always make sure she knows how beautiful she is because in my eyes she is the most beautiful woman I have ever met, the most precious treasure. And she's all mine, mine to kiss, mine to cherish, mine to reassure, mine to love. I want to be her husband.

Damn, in love with her for four years and dating for almost a month and I'm already thinking of marriage. I wonder if I'll be able to pull of her dream proposal, I remember her mentioning it three years ago. I yawn and blink a few times.

Now I'm getting tired. I wince slightly when I feel her move her cold feet between my legs. "This is what love is, I guess" I whisper to myself, smiling softly. I pull her a bit closer to me and close my eyes, breathing in her scent and I slowly start to fall asleep. "I love you"