Chapter 20

Penelope's POV two weeks later

I've been dating Miller for two weeks now and I couldn't ask for a better man to date. Dad still doesn't know but we're planning a dinner this weekend where Grayson will come with me and we'll tell him together, last week Travis came over, he would not stop talking my ear off about mine and thumper's wedding. I smile at the memory as I keep wiping the table I'm at. "Penelope?" I freeze at his voice, my blood running cold. How? I turn around to face him. "Hey pen, it's been awhile" he smiles. How the fuck did he find me? Flashbacks engulf my mind.

FLASHBACK

"S-Stop yelling at me! Please! It's not my fault!" I cry out, my tears not stopping. "Not your fault? This stupid baby isn't even normal! You made this baby a freak! An abomination! You fucking bitch, you fucking failed as a mother!" Tom slaps me. I cry harder.

"D-Don't call Levi any of those! He's my baby boy, my baby! And t-the doctor said it wasn't even my fault! That it just happens to babies, it isn't genetic!" He grabs a vase and throws it at my face, I scream and dodge it, crying. "I-I'm leaving until y-you calm yourself down Tom! You're scaring me!"

I walk away from him, rubbing my pregnant stomach. I'm sorry you have to listen to this Levi. Im sorry, I failed you. I go to the top of the stairs. "You don't walk away from me, you fucking bitch" Before I knew it, Tom shoved me down the stairs, I scream as I tumble down the flight of stairs, when I finally reach the bottom of the stairs, I groan and flinch from pain, I look down to see a sprained ankle and wrist, and blood, my blood, coming from... No! "Levi!" I try to move but I groan in pain.

"Call 911! Tom! I'm bleeding, I'm hurt! Levi might be hurt, call an ambulance!" I look up through my tears to see Tom reach the bottom step and smile down at me. "Well, guess he really won't live, I have to go celebrate. I need a drink" I scream after him to call for an ambulance as he walks away. When he finally leaves I'm alone, I cry out. "Levi! No!" Pushing through the immense pain, I move my body towards the house phone and reach my hand up the table, grabbing the phone and dialing 911.

"911, what's your emergency" I gasp as pain pulses through me and cry. "I- I fell down the stairs and I'm eight months pregnant, my address is 28 fairwell street. P-Please, hurry! I need more time with my baby!"

~*~

Empty... that's all I feel, six hours later, I'm in the hospital bed with a cast on my ankle and a splint on my wrist, and Levi. I had an emergency C-section...he died while he was inside me. I was the person, the place he was supposed to be kept safe and I failed... my baby is dead, I never even got to meet him alive. I could only spend 20 minutes with his body before I couldn't take it and had them remove him. I've stopped crying an hour ago. I feel so drained. I'm so sorry Levi, mommy couldn't protect you. Im so tired.

FLASHBACK OVER

T-Tom" I say, he steps forward towards me and I flinch, he stops. "W-What are you doing here Tom" I try to keep my voice steady. "I came to see, I missed you" I go to walk around him but he grabs my wrist, harshly. "Let's talk" He says tightly. I open my mouth but I'm interrupted. "Everything alright here?" I hear Cherry's voice. I turn to face her. "Yep, tell thumper that Tom is here and I'll be awhile" I tell her, looking down to her face and to her phone. She nods and smiles, turning around and walking away.

"Who's thumper?" I gulp and look back at him. "It's the kid that's dog sitting for my dog, I call him thumper" Tom nods. "Let's talk privately" I nod and look back at Cherry to see her taking out her phone and lead Tom to my office with him still holding my wrist.

Cherry's POV

I take out my phone and open up chat with Grayson.

Me
'Doll told me to tell you that
Tom is here'