Chapter 38

Penelope's POV

It's my second day at the hospital and I've spent almost every second of it with Grayson. Damian and Travis are staying with me until I'm better or until Grayson wakes up. I don't care how long they stay, I just want him awake. "How do you feel?" I look up at Travis to see him holding out a cup of hot chocolate. "Thank you" I take it from him with one hand and keep my other hand clasped with Grayson's hand.

I take a sip and relax as the hot beverage goes down my throat. I sigh and look back at Travis. "I feel like shit but hey, thumper is alive and I have a baby" I gently rub my stomach. I look at Grayson, leaning up and place a gentle
kiss on his forehead. "I had a doctor check me Gray, I'm three and a half weeks pregnant. I even have a picture" I look over at Travis as he just stares at me.

"You're still in the miscarriage zone of your pregnancy. Make sure you take care of yourself" I smile and nod. "Thanks mom" He chuckles and does a pretend hair flip. "You're welcome pumpkin" I laugh softly, shaking my head. "Only my dad calls me that" He nods. "Copy" I giggle but stop when I hear a constant beep sound.

I gasp and whip my head to the heart monitor. "No!" Travis yells out and he gets up immediately and rushes out of the hall, I hear him shouting for help. "No! No!" I put my hands together and start doing chest compressions.

I can barely see what I'm doing through my tears and I have no idea what I'm doing but he's not dying! He can't leave me! I can't fucking breathe, move, function without him! The doctors and nurses comes in with a crash cart. "Thank you ma'am" He gently pushes me out of the way and I step way back, giving them room to work.

They strip the front part of his gown and place the thingys where the shocky things go on. I sob harder as they shock him and his heart still isn't back. "Gray! Grayson!" I sob. Everything is muffled and I can't breathe. A nurse comes my way and gently but firmly urges me out of the room. I'm immediately engulfed in Travis's arms.

After a few two minutes of not knowing anything, they all come out with Grayson. "He started bleeding internally again, we have to control it and get the better of it or he won't make it" I sob louder, bending over slightly, covering my face. "I will do my best" I stand straight back up and basically get in his face.

"I've already been abused physically, emotionally, and mentally by my ex-boyfriend, I've had a son with Anencephaly and I miscarried with him. So I am not loosing Grayson too! You save him! Save the man I love! Please!" The doctor doesn't say anything but nods and walks towards the direction where Grayson went.

Travis rubs my back and wipes away my tears. I gasp as a sharp pain rakes across my lower stomach. "What? What happened? Wait" He looks down. "P-Pen you're bleeding" I look down to see blood trickling down my legs. My baby. I hold my stomach and lean against the wall, punching the wall, crying harder,. "No! No! Why!?" Travis gives me a pained look, covering my hand so that I don't hurt myself. I fucking failed..again.

                                     ~*~

Travis's POV

They came back with Grayson ten minutes ago. They fixed him right up but we waited for a whole hour and even with the waiting. I had to get pads for Pen since she kept having to go to the bathroom for the miscarriage.

It's basically a period but with more heavier blood and harsher cramps. Through the whole time waiting, she was in pain. Physically from her miscarriage and emotionally from Grayson and miscarriage and there was nothing I could do about it.

Even now, she still has to go to the bathroom and when she comes back, she's holding onto Grayson like it's the last she'll see him. Poor thing hasn't even eaten ever since before Grayson crashed.

I've never seen Penelope Jones, one of the literal strongest women I know, act like this. Act so broken, it's like he's her lifeline and when he's like this, she's basically dead. I've seen her breakdown more than enough to last a lifetime. Come on bro, when will you wake up? She needs you.