Chapter 16

Penelope's POV

His eyes widen and he smiles and he holds my face between his hands. "Say it again sunshine" I giggle and look him directly in the eyes. "I love you, Grayson Miller, in fact. I think I've been in love with you for quite some time but I was just denying it. I had accepted that I was in love with you myself a couple days ago. Actually, on Levi's day, I accepted it. Miller you are an amazing man. You are so kind, funny, chivalrous, gentle and sweet. You have taken care of me and been by my side. You consider my wellbeing, you care for me when I'm sick, comfort me" He just keeps smiling like he just won the lottery.

"You are my dream. I had lived in fear with Tom and I thought that was love and after he had left me and we were done, I had no idea what love was like with a partner but now I know what love is, it's because of you Grayson. You have done so much for me, you, Grayson Miller, are the person I want to be with when I want to be alone. And it's so funny how I had moved into this city and apartment for a fresh start from everything and I wasn't even looking when I found you.

After what Tom had done and said to me, I thought perfect couples only existed in books and movies but that changed after I met you. So yes thumper, I am completely and utterly in love with you and I'm so sorry it took me this long to realize" I take a breath after I finished and look at his face fully after zoning out and saying all my feelings. He's crying.

"Gray! Why are you crying?" He sniffs and wipes his tears and kisses me again but it's different, this kiss is full of relief and love. It's so gentle and sweet. I deepen the kiss and he pulls back. "My dear sunshine, you really do love me" I laugh with my own tears filling up my eyes and I nod. "Yes" He laughs with me and picks me up, hugging me to him and I wrap my arms and legs around him.

I feel him pepper me in kisses on the side of my neck and head. "Oh Penelope" He sets me down on my counter. He grabs my face gently and kisses me again. I smile softly against his lips and I pull away and smile brightly at him.

I love him. "I love you" He smiles back just as bright. "I love you too" He grimaces. "I think you're late for work sunshine, my bad" I smile and shake my head. "Cherry is the one that opens today and right now, I want to be in the arms of the man I love, I'll go into work a bit later" He smiles and picks me up again.

"I'll gladly hold you, my sweet girl, what would you like to do?" I relax in his arms and kiss his neck and I smirk, feeling him shiver slightly and his grip tightens. "I just want to lay in bed with you and talk" I hear him grunt in acknowledgement and he carries me to my bed. I blush at the thought of what happened last night.

He sets me gently on the bed and gets in besides me, laying down and waiting until I lay down before he pulled me to him. "Don't think I forgot what happened last night, just to let you know, I may have listened and pleasured myself with you" I blush and bite my lip. "Can I try something?" I look at him and nod.

He leans down and bites my bottom lip before letting go and placing a chaste kiss on my lips. "I've been wanting to bite that lip of yours for so fucking long, you have no idea sunshine" I blush and lean up to kiss him and he quickly leans down to meet me. He holds me tight against him as we keep kissing.

He flips us so we're no longer laying on our sides, he's on top of me while I'm underneath him. He moves his lips away from my lips and he does a trail of kisses to my neck. I moan softly and grip onto his hair. I feel him smirk against my skin. "So beautiful" I bite my lip at the praise and feel butterflies erupt in my stomach, pulling him closer to me.

"Mine, finally mine" I moan softly and nod. "I'm yours, all yours... if you ask me out" I smirk but it falls when I feel him stop and he chuckles. He looks up at me and moves back up, he brings his hand and softly caresses my cheek.

"Wait until Thursday, I'll ask you officially to be mine on our date" I smile and push him off me slightly so that I can flip us, so now I'm on top of him. "Can't wait thumper" I lean down and kiss him and he kisses me back. I pull away and smile and lean down, hugging him, he chuckles softly and wraps his arms around me. "Even though we'll be official on Thursday, just know, you are mine Grayson just as I'm yours" He tighten his arms around me. "I was just about to say that, and don't you worry my love. I'm completely yours just as you are mine" I nod. "Good"

~*~

I've been trying to ignore Cherry ever since I came into work late... two hours late. I smile softly at the memory of me and gray. We talked for a bit longer before taking a nap together, I woke before him and he looked so cute when he sleeps, of course I've noticed how cute he sleeps before but now I actually had a reason to just admire him and not feel weird anymore.

I've been lucky enough to ignore Cherry and keep her busy. George and Lilly have also glanced at me ever since I came into work. I finish placing the change the costumer had me keep into the cash register and I turn and try to leave before Cherry comes to take over but it seems like my luck has run out.

"Penelope Jones! Why were you so late today huh?" I wince and turn around to face her. "Heyy Cherry" She scoffs. "Don't 'hey' me! What happened that made you come in late! You okay?" I nod. "Look, I'll tell you.. and George and Lilly and Vicky after the cafe closes. Tell Vicky to come back to the cafe when it closes" Cherry squints her eyes but nods nonetheless. "Kay, byee" I walk off. I just know my ears are gonna hurt when I tell them.

                                   ~*~

I was right. My ears are killing me. "Guys stop yelling!" I shout and that does stop them. Cherry runs over and hugs me tight. "I fucking told you doll! I told you! And you listened to me! Fuck yeah! We were rights guys" She pulled away to say that last bit to everyone else. "Oh fuck yeah! Grayson and Penelope, sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G" I groan and laugh. "Vicky! Not you too" She laughs and rests a hand on my shoulder.

"Sorry pen, but my girl is right! Everyone was betting on you guys getting together" I blush and smile. And that's makes everyone scream and squeal. "Aww do you see her smile!" "She's already smitten!" "She looks so happy!" "She's probably getting it good" I blush on everyone's comment and especially the last one that Cherry made which resulted in me glaring at her.

"Whatever, I'm going home" I go to my office and grab my things and put my sweater on. When I come out of my office, Cherry has a small smirk on her face. "Look who came to pick up their girlfriend" I look out the window to see Grayson leaning against his car, smiling at me and waving. I smile back at him and wave.

"Excuse me everyone, I have to go" as I walk away and leave the cafe, I hear cherry shout "Don't forget to tell me about the dick you receive!" I blush and flip Cherry off over my shoulder. Grayson's smile widens when I'm finally in arms reach of him. He pulls me against him in a tight hug. "I missed you" I giggle.

"I was only gone for... six hours" He sighs. "Exactly and I've always missed you, that's why I always bother you after you work or text you while you work cause I can't see you" I kiss his cheek and pull away. "Aww that's so cute thumper. I missed you too" He smiles and takes out his phone. "Told Travis about us and he wants to come over in a few days to tease us and get his money in person" I raise my eyebrow. "Money?" He nervously smiles.

"He and I made a bet one year ago, my side was that you would ever reciprocate my feelings while he bet you would and we'd be together. I bet twenty dollars and he bet fifty dollars. Now I gotta give him fifty dollars" I laugh and kiss him, pulling away I pinch him hard. "Ow!" I give him a smug smile.

"That's for doing a bet about me" He smiles and apologizes, bringing me around his car and opens the passenger door for me. "Such a gentleman" He smiles and makes sure I'm situated and brings my hand up to his lips and kisses it. "Only for you" I blush and pull my hand away after he winks and drops my hand, once my hand is inside the car and on my lap, he closes the door. I really do love him.