Chapter 31

Penelope's POV

After the tour around Julian's farm, I'm standing in a pasture with Grayson behind me and a beautiful black horse in front of me. I giggle as the horse huffs in my face, I scratch up his neck. "This one is my horse" I look over my shoulder at Gray. "He's yours?" Grayson smiles and nods. "He's beautiful Gray, what's his name?" He walks up to me and places a hand on my waist, pressing a kiss on his horses head.

"His name is Diablo. My dad raised him from a foal but he sure was trouble. Acted out and was hard to handle, named him diablo. Julian even thought of selling him but I asked my dad to let me handle him, two weeks later, he was a good mannered stallion. He has his moments but he is a wonderful horse, protective of me and his little lady." I raise my eyebrows.

"Sounds like someone I know, also Diablo has a girlfriend?" Grayson smiles and nods. "Trained her myself, I wanted to gift her to you" I squeal and smile. "For me!? Thumper! That's so cute! Funny how you trained her before we got together" He rolls his eyes.

"I actually never expected for you to return my feelings since you are way out of my league. But I know how much you love animals and you did have a horse girl phase when you were younger, so-" I blush. I'm out of his league? Yeah right. "How did you.. ugh dad"He smirks. "I won't name my sources, but I was already going to gift her to you, and I also named her. Her name is barf" I snort and shake my head. "what's her real name?"

He gasps dramatically. "How dare you insinuate that, that isn't her real name, I'll have you know that I spent precious time thinking of a name for her and-" I glare at him. He stops and smiles softly. "Okay I lied" Duh. "I wanted to wait to gift her to you and show her so that you can name her" I smile and stumbled a bit when Diablo moved forward a bit, pushing me towards Grayson. "Thank you boy" Grayson says with a smile, scratching under Diablo's chin before taking my hand and leading me to the stables.

He opens the doors and leads me inside where there are other horses here. I've been in here on the tour, there was one horse that stood out to me, a mare. Julian said she was a painted horse. She was beautiful, white and brown. She reminded me of Rain from the movie Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron. Horse phase.

Grayson leads me to that mare and clicks his teeth, making her move towards us. "This is her, she's beautiful isn't she? I bought her at an auction, nobody wanted her and she would've been sent to slaughter so I bought her and made her comfortable here. She was shy and timid around other horses and for some reason, Diablo became protective of her and she began to become comfortable around him."

"With his help, I was able to get her to warm up and trust me enough to train her and make sure she was healthy. Remember last year when I was away for almost three months?" I nod, sulking at the memory. I had pretended to not notice but I did miss him. It was weird not seeing him in person for practically three months but I kept myself busy. Obviously when he went to his cabin with Travis last time, I missed him way more than I ever did which was weird since that visit was quite short but yea. I'm really weird lol.

"I spent those months training her and making sure she knew she was safe. Plus Diablo was obsessed with her, so we had him moved so that he was in this stall" He points to the empty stall next to her. "But tell me sunshine, what would you like to name her?" I turn to him slightly, still staring at the beautiful mare in front of me.

"What was the weather like the day you bought her?" He hums, taking a bit to answer. "I think it was raining. Why?" I smile and fully look at her. "Her name shall be rain" She snorts and shakes her head up and down, seeming to like the name I gave her. Grayson chuckles, making me glare at him. "Leave me alone" He opens his mouth and pulls me close to him. "Next you'll want a Kiger mustang stallion named spirit" I roll my eyes and punch his shoulder.

~*~

I smile as Diablo and Rain runs together, Grayson pulling me closer to him. "Who'd know that the riders of these two horses would be together just like their horses" I smile and then blush at a though I had. What if Diablo gets rain pregnant and her foal is the horse for mine and Gray's baby.

"Sunshine, you okay?" I look up at and nod, smiling softly. "I was just thinking that if Diablo gets Rain pregnant, if their foal would be the horse for our baby" He smiles and leans down, kissing me softly. "It makes me so giddy and happy to know that you're thinking of a baby with me. But yes, their foal would be our baby's horse" I smile.

"I've been thinking about kids with you a lot lately, and I'm also thinking, if it's too early to be-" He shakes his head. "No, because I've also been thinking about kids with you. And it doesn't matter how long we've been together. What does matter if we know each other, if we're both financially able to aid and a raise a child, if we both have insurance, which we do. What matters is if we have each others back, if we trust and love each other."

"If you need a break, then I'll take over, if I need a break then you take over. If we both need a break, place the baby somewhere safe and we'll take a few minutes to calm down and ground ourselves. I'm ready for this with you but like I said a few months back, only until you are ready mentally and physically, okay?" I nod.

"I've been writing in my rant journal and shit and honestly, I feel ready. I'm obviously still upset over Levi but my heart doesn't hurt in my chest anymore, I don't cry at the mention of his name. I think I'm ready Grayson, I'm going to stop taking my birth control now. And once the hormones are gone from my body, I want you to get me pregnant Grayson" I swear his eyes darken, his grip tightens around me and he pulls me closer to him. "Are you sure Sunshine?" I smile and lean up, kissing his lips. "Absolutely"

                                       *

Don't forget to vote! Hope you're enjoying this read so far!