Chapter 28

Penelope's POV

I'm so tired, I hate hospitals. I'm leaning my head against Grayson's shoulder with Liam on my lap asleep. "You okay sunshine?" I open my eyes from his whispered words and look to see him looking at me. I shrug. "I don't like hospitals, especially after loosing Levi, plus I want know if Liam's mom is alright."

He nods. "Yea I want to know if she's alright too and I'm sorry, I kinda guessed you wouldn't like the hospital on the way here" I nod. "Yea but it's whatever. Ugh I just want to know if she's okay. We've been waiting for like, forever" He nods and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Yea I know baby, but we just gotta be patient" I nod. "Oh! Can I tell you about that dream I had?" He smiles. "Sure, lay it on me sunshine" I blush at the memory of my dream.

"Okay so it's you and me walking down a very sunny beach. The sky was so clear and bright, it was beautiful. I don't really remember what was said in the dream but all I remember was calling you Mr. Miller and you called me Mrs. Miller and then you placed your hand on my stomach, my very pregnant stomach. And then I woke up. I don't know if it was in that order but oh well, that's how I remember it" He smiles. "Would you ever want kids with me?" I smile.

"I like how you didn't comment on the marriage part" He shakes his head. "Why would I need to comment on that when we both know, we're not breaking up. And if we do, it would be to strengthen our relationship with space and time. But I don't think that'll happen if we just communicate and respect our boundaries. Now answer my question, would you-" I interrupt him.

"Yes, after my dream, I was debating on whether or not if I wanted kids with you but after seeing how you were with Liam, I said yes. But I'm not ready just yet for kids, maybe one day soon. But not yet, though it pleases me with the idea of carrying your child" He smiles and leans down, kissing my forehead.

"I'm glad and I've always dreamed of having a family with you pen but it's your body and you make decisions for your body without my input, so yeah. You decide when you're ready and I'll be with you through every step of the way" My heart melts and I tear up but I look down. I don't want him to see me crying over something childish. "Sunshine? What's wrong?" I sniffle and look back up.

"It's just, how in the world did I get so lucky with you? I wish I had met you first than with Tom, and I hate that I didn't fall in love with you right away and that I took so long" He shakes his head and he brings his hand up to wipe away a tear.

"Baby, you just had to move on your time to fall in love with me and I wish you met me too just because I hate what he did to you and you didn't deserve the treatment he gave you. He treated you like shit while you deserved to be treated like a queen" I shake my head and smile. "I don't know why you think I deserve to be treated like that" He rolls his eyes.

"Because you are so smart, so kind, so funny, fuck everything, understanding, beautiful inside and out. You care about your employees and family, you check on the ones you care about to make sure they're alright, after my dad died two years ago, I was a whole mess but you took care of me."

"You let me cry and vent to you, you bought snacks and watched movies I had watched with my dad, you made me take showers and made me eat, and then after awhile of doing that, you toughened up and told me to suck it up because no matter what, my dad would always love me and Travis and would always watch over us and he would hate how I was acting, so with your help, I became better."

"That's the kind of person you are and that's why you deserve to be treated like a queen, treated with the upmost respect, love, and care." I smile. "Kiss me" He cringes. "And get cooties? No way" I smack his thigh and he chuckles before leaning down and kissing me.

I smile into the kiss before pulling away. "I love you Mr. Miller" He kisses my forehead and pulls away slightly to whisper. "And I love you, future Mrs. Miller" I smile and I hear doors open, like they usually do. "Ms. Jones?" I snap my head to the doctor. "Yes? That's me" I carefully lift Liam from my lap and place him onto Gray's lap and stand up, walking over to the doctor.

"How is she?" The doctor smiles. "She's fine, she has a sprained wrist and a broken leg and lots of bruises. We did have to make a cast on her leg and wrist and she will be bedridden and has to rest. She'll be staying in the hospital for a couple of days to be monitored but for now, she is awake and responsive and is asking for her son, Liam" I release a sigh of relief and turn around and walked back.

"She has a sprained wrist and a broken leg and lots of bruises, she'll have to stay here for a couple of days but she's awake and asking for Liam" Gray nods and looks down, gently shaking Liam. "Hey bud, time to wake up, your mami's awake" Liam wakes up and yawns, rubbing his eyes.

"Mami is awake?" I nod and crouch down. "Yea honey, and she's asking for you, why don't we take you to see her, hm?" Liam smiles and nods rapidly. I smile and stand up and he jumps out of Gray's lap, taking my hand and the taking Grayson's hand when he stands up. "Come on! Let's go!" I laugh softly and nod at the doctor. "Follow me please"

                                      ~*~

After what seemed like a lot of turns and walking, which I didn't expect to walk a lot today since I was supposed to just sit in my office all day, hence the heels and now my feet hurt, but we finally are outside the door where Liam's mom is in.

"Okay buddy, your mom is behind this door but don't hug her too tight okay? And she may look a little funny but that's normal after her situation and cause she's being healed up by the doctors, okay?" Grayson asked and Liam nodded.

I nod and open the door and Lima runs in. I walk in behind him and Grayson trails in behind me. "Liam!" I see his mom reach down for him. "Mami!" Liam jumps up on to the bed and hugs her, thankfully not that tightly. Grayson comes up behind me and pulls me to him, holding me closely.

After a bit, she notices we're in the room. "I remember you, you're that guy that saved me from Josh. Thank you" Grayson shakes his head. "It was no trouble, really. I'm just happy to help. This beautiful lady here is my girl, she stayed with Liam while I helped you and made sure to keep him calm" I smile at her and wave.

"Hi, my name is Penelope, it's nice to meet you" She smiles and waves back with her free hand, the one not in a cast. "It's nice to meet you too, my name is Maria" Liam smiles. "Yeah! And his name is thumper!" We all laugh. "Like from Bambi?" Maria asks and I nod.

"I just call him that for a couple of reasons, now Maria. Grayson and I are your neighbors from the second floor, when they release you from the hospital. You are more than welcomed to ask us for help. And Grayson also told Liam that if it was alright with you that Liam can come over and play. Grayson has some plushies and his Ps5" Mary shakes her head.

"Of course Liam can go and play but it's just, you both already helped enough and-" Grayson steps forward slightly. "It's no problem at all, Maria. Please, we both insist" Mary sighs but nods, nonetheless. "Thank you" I smile at her. "It's no problem at all, Maria"