Chapter 23

3rd Pov

"Liliana, dear. You should get some rest" A concerned mother spoke behind her. Gently placing a hand on her shoulder, before Liliana faced her Mother.

"I know, Mom. But it's been two months since Haise passed out. I'm starting to think of scenarios that shouldn't be possible for him, due to his own capabilities" Liliana spoke full of worry, making Lilith suck in a breath.

Regarding her Daughter's appearance, her normally straight hair are now barely kept clean. Deep bags under her eyes, and a more paler complexion than normal.

"You know he won't leave you right? He still owes me a hundred or so Grandchildren" Lilith tried to lighten the mood, which worked briefly, as Liliana let out a dry giggle. Only for her features to become sunken like before.

"Yeah... He does" Liliana sighed. "It's just... Why? Why would something like that, happen to him? Could it be one of his abilities going out of control? Or maybe an artifact? It's driving me crazy not knowing if he's going to make it through!!"

Lilith embraced her Daughter tightly, making sure to convey a message that she's here for her.

"I know, Liliana. I know. It also worries me that even our best Witches, Devils, and other magically adept Mamono, couldn't figure out why it happened to him. But at least, they could all agree that Haise is healthy, and doesn't seem to have any internal damages" Lilith reassure her Daughter.

Liliana softly shook her mother off her.

"I know, but I'm still worried" She stubbornly replied.

"Lili- !!!" She tried to reason with her Daughter. Only for a surge of power so angry, that Lilith felt like she was drowning under mud or quicksand.

In fact, the exact same power surge could be felt all over the world, not just Lescatie.

Somewhere up North a few minutes before

Aurora, the Ice Dragon. Even though her species is literally a Wyvern. Could be seen trudging through a thick layer of snow, following a White Horn and her husband.

"Man, to think we'd stumble upon a Wyvern that couldn't transform" The Husband of said White Horn let out a deep, cold breath at remember their encounter with Aurora.

"Same here, sweetheart. Thankfully, she had a letter on her saddle huh" The White Horn replied with a little giggle.

"Uhuh, anyway. It's my first time seeing an Ice Wyvern, and I'll admit, you look pretty" The Husband said, only for his Wife to smack his head with one of her horns.

"Sweety, what did we say about your flirting?"

"Not to do it too much, now that I have you?"

"Good, now apologize. We don't know if she's married to someone"

"Sorry..."

The whole interaction between Husband and Wife, made Aurora think that the White Horn is a tad bit obsessed with her Husband.

Which is not far from the truth, if she's being honest. After all, she did see Liliana glaring at the other Mamono when they gave her Papa the bedroom eyes.

Her instincts told her enough why.

"Hey Aurora? You ok?" The White Horn asked, concerned about why Aurora suddenly stopped following them.

She let out a low growl and took a step forward. Only to be hit by a familiar source of power, only this time, it's even darker than before. The only time she felt the same power, was when her Papa's pet Wolf got killed by six Mutant Creatures after trying to help out her Papa.