Chapter 20 Lord Bug (part 1)

It was the first day of another school year.
Marinette was ready to leave her house to attend the first class of the week. She walked next to her father studio and noticed that the door was slightly open.
The girl heard noises coming from there, so she got closer and saw Gabriel moving her mom's painting, to access the safe.
Her father openned it and placed back the book that him and Nathalie used for their plan.
"What?" Marinette whispered.
Gabriel heard a voice, so he looked at the door, but Marinette had quickly hidden behind the plant near the the entrance. When her father walked out of the studio, she sneaked in.
"What are we doing here?" Plagg asked to the girl.
"I didn't know there was a safe behind mom's painting. . ." Marinette went to the portrait and moved it. But she needed a code to open the safe.
"Maybe it's my father's birthday date?" Marinette tried with that, but it wasn't the right code. Then she tried with her birthday date and that was refused too.
"Okay. . .That hurted a little" she mumbled.
"Allow me to try!" Plagg flew inside the safe and openned it.
"Thanks, Plagg" Marinette gave a look at what was there. Aside from money and a little jewelry box, she found the book that Gabriel left there when she was spying on him.
Marinette took the book and looked at the pages. She couldn't understand what was written, but she immediately recognized the people drawn on the book.
"Why does my father have a book about super heroes?" She wondered, looking at the drawings of the past versions of Lady Noir.
"I don't know. Hey, what do you think we'll have for lunch?" Plagg asked, not at all interested to that book.
"You just had breakfast!" .
Marinette heard Nathalie calling her name, so she hid the book in her bag, closed the safe and placed the painting where it was before.
Nathalie walked inside the studio in that moment.
"Marinette, what are you doing here?" She asked.
"I couldn't find my bag! I'm so silly" The girl lied with an akward smile.
_
_
_
Someone rang the doorbell of Adrien's appartament.
"Who could it be at this time?" Emily wondered.
Her son went to open the door and found himself face to face with a boy that was his copy.
"Adrien" he said with a monotone voice. He couldn't be less happy to be there.
"Felix" Adrien replied with the same enthusiasm.
"Adrien! How are you, dear?" His aunt saluted him with a cheerful voice.
"Amelie!?" Emily exclaimed when she saw her twin sister.
"Emily! It's so good to see you, sis!" Amilie invited herself in the appartament and her son followed her.
Tom was also surprised to see her.
"What are you doing here? I thought you were-" he stopped talking because Felix was there.
"We moved back to Paris! Today is Felix first day of school. I thought I could bring him to your house, so he can go to school with Adrien!" Amelie explained.
Emily asked Adrien to show to Felix his bedroom, because his parents needed to talk with Amelie in private.
Adrien reluctantly did as his mom asked.
While the two boys were heading to the room, Adrien heard a part of the discussion between his parents and his aunt.
"What happened? You told me that you and Miguel wanted to get married" Emily asked.
"Miguel and I were not made for each other. That's why Felix and I returned to France" Amelie explained.
"But where are you going to live?" Tom questioned.
"In the appartament below yours! I've already contancted the owner of the building. Isn't it exiting? We'll be one big family!" .
_
_
_
Adrien welcomed his cousin in his room. Felix gave a look around and then he tried to open the drawer of the desk to browse.
He spotted some of his cousin's comic books before Adrien closed the drawer, to prevent him from finding Tikki.
"I see you're still obsessed with those childish super heroes comic books" Felix said.
"And I see you still pretend to be rich by wearing fake branded clothes" Adrien replied with a sassy tone.
Felix was incredulous. His funky cousin just responded to his mockery with a more clever mockery.
"Wow! What happened to the boy who couldn't even look at the people in the eyes?" Felix asked with a surprised smirk.
"He grew up, Felix. I wish you had done the same" Adrien answered.
The boy asked to Felix if he had the supplies for his first day of lesson. His cousin said that he didn't have any, because he wasn't expecting to go to school the same day they arrived to Paris. Adrien decided to give him some of his notebooks, pencils and pens.
"You should be fine for today" Adrien said, giving to Felix a bag with those supplies.
_
_
_
The two cousins walked together to school.
When they arrived, Felix said that he needed to make a phone call.
"You want me to wait for you?" Adrien asked.
"No, no! You can go ahead. I'll be in class after I called my mom" Felix said, taking the phone out of his pocket.
After Adrien walked into the school, Felix put back his phone and started looking for somebody that could be his new "friend".
He noticed Nathaniel sitting on a bench near by, and working on another of his poems.
Felix went to him, showing his best smile.
"Hi! My name is Felix de Vanily. I'm a new student" Felix asked if he could sit with him.
Nathaniel timidly saluted him  and made space for him on the bench.
"Are you related to Adrien Dupain?" He asked. The resamblance between the him and Adrien was so obvious.
"Yeah. He's my cousin" Felix said with a bothered face.
"Adrien is a cool guy. We're classmates" Nathaniel told him.
"But are you two friends?" Felix asked.
"I don't know. . . Adrien is nice, but he doesn't spend much time with the others. Sometimes he desappeares and no one knows where he goes" Nathaniel explained.
"Classic Adrien! He was always a weird kid, but I was hoping that he would change once he got older" Felix lied to put his cousin under a bad light.
In that moment, Nathaniel's pen ran out of ink.
"Here, use one of mine" Felix gave to Nathaniel one of the pens that Adrien lent him.
"Thank you!" the red haired boy said.
"No problem. If you ever need anything, ask me" Felix smiled.