Chapter 35 Christmonsters (part 1)

It was Christmas Eve and cold wind was blowing, but there was no sign of snow. So no white Christmas in Paris.
Marinette was at the window in the living room of the Cesaire's appartament. She was holding a little box, the present that she wanted to give to Adrien, but she feared that if she showed up to his house, he wouldn't have even openned the door.
Alya brought her hot cocoa in a cup that looked like a reindeer.
"Here you go, Marinette. Hot cocoa in a funny looking cup to warm your body and your heart" .
"Thank you, Alya. You and your family saved me from spending this Christmas alone. What can I do to repay your kindness?" Marinette asked.
"We're grateful for your presence and you deserve calm after. . .You know what? Let's never talk about it again" Alya said.
Marinette hold her hand.
"Alya, I appreciate what you're doing, but this is different from my anger issues. Becoming Mariposa was my choice, and I can't pretend like nothing happened. It would be unfair to those who suffered because of me" .
While the girls were talking, Alya's little sisters sneaked to the living room. They were supposed to be in bed but they wanted to see Santa Claus bring their presents.
The twins looked for a hiding place where they could wait for him. They crawled to the chest of blankets and when they openned it, they found the presents that Santa was supposed to bring.
"Ella! Etta!" Nora held their hands to take them away from the chest.
"Why were those presents there? Did someone hide them?" Ella asked while their older sister brought them to their room.
"Of course not. Who would hide your presents?" Nora didn't want to ruin their Christmas.
She made them go back in their beds.
"Now sleep or else Santa Claus won't come" .
"What's the point if the presents are already here?" Etta questioned.
"Goodnight" Nora turned off the light and left the room.
"Why were our presents in the chest?" Ella asked to her twin.
"Maybe Nora, Alya, mom and dad want to keep them for themselves!" Etta whined.
Etta left her bed and held a snowglobe.
"At least we still have the presents from last year" .
"Hey, that's mine! Give It back!" .
"No, it's mine!" .
When they started fighting over the snowglobe, an Akuma went in their room by sliding under the closed window.
"Look, Etta. It's one of those evil butterflies. An Akumamatata!" . The girls let the Akuma fly into the object they were holding and both of them heard Monarc's voice.
"How do you do, little monsters? Are you upset that your family is trying to keep your presents away from you?" .
"Yes!" Both of them replied.
"Well, don't you worry. I will give you the best Christmas of your life" Monarc akumatized the twins and their toys started to fly around them.
_
_
_
Adrien and his parents were in Amelie's appartament, to celebrate Christmas Eve all together.
They were playing bingo when Adrien's phone rang. So he stepped aside to answer.
"Alya, what's going on?" Adrien kept his voice low.
Alya said that her little sisters were missing and her family was looking for them.
"It's okay. I'll come help you find them with the others" After ending the call, Adrien ran to the bathroom but the door was locked.
"Occupied!" Felix said from inside.
For that reason Adrien had to go back to his appartament to transform.
_
_
_
Not much later, Mister Bug, Bittle Bee and Red Renard found Alya and Marinette waiting on the sidewalk. The girls recived their Miraculous and they transformed.
"Mister Bug, this is for you" Lady Noir gave him her Christmas present.
"Thanks" Mister Bug didn't wait a second before putting the box in his yo-yo.
That hurted Lady Noir's feelings, but they had to prioritize the missing kids.
"Okay, here's the plan-" .
Jade Shell interrupted Mister Bug.
"I'll go with you. Bittle Bee and Red Renard will go with Lady Noir" She was the one giving orders this time.
"Uhm, okay" Mister Bug didn't object.
"I have a complain. I don't want to be in the same team with a certain person who has cat ears" Red Renard said, looking at Lady Noir out of the corner of his eye.
"We don't have time for this! We have to find my sisters. Let's go" Jade Shell and Mister Bug went to look for Ella and Etta, leaving the others.
The tension was palpable.
_
_
_
Mister Bug swinged with his yo-yo while Jade Shell used her turtle shield to slide along the railings and roofs edges.
At that point, snow started falling from the sky.
"It's snowing?" Mister Bug was surprised.
"There's Ella!" Jade Shell spotted one of her sisters running to an alley.
The two heroes landed there.
"Ella?" Jade Shell called her.
The child was holding the snowglobe and she had a costume that made her look like a Santa Claus' elf.
"Jade, be careful! She was akumatized!" Mister Bug warned her.
Ella put a small can of playable slime in the snowglobe.
"Watch out!" Mister Bug pushed Jade Shell before the slime could fall on her, but he was trapped under it with only his head and one of his hands free. That made Ella laugh.
"That's it! Give me that snowglobe, now!" Jade Shell yelled.
Ella looked at her with a trembling lip. She pretended to hand over the snowglobe and then she threw it over Jade Shell.
Etta catched it. Just like her twin, she put mikado sticks inside the snowglobe.
When Jade Shell felt the ground shaking, she looked down. Some wooden slats emerged from the ground and trapped the heroine.
_
_
_
Bittle Bee, Red Renard and Lady Noir were looking for the twins, unaware of what they did to their teammates.
"We could look for them at the park" Lady Noir suggested to Red Renard and he ignored her.
"The snow isn't the only cold thing tonight" Bittle Bee said as a joke to Lady Noir.
"I deserve it. What I don't understand is why you're not treating me like that" She replied.
"I don't think I'm in the position to judge you. I've done bad things too. For years I've bullied Adrien with Chloe and I let her do whatever she wanted to others" Bittle Bee explained.
"That's not as bad as what I did" Lady Noir said.
"Yeah, but I'm glad my friends gave me a second chance. I bet you feel the same about Mister Bug allowing you to rejoin our team" .
"Yes, even if it's not as it was before" Lady Noir shrugged.