Chapter 30 Befana (part 2)

Felix was running as fast as he could on the sidewalk. When he turned the corner, he met with Nathaniel.
"Thank godness you're here! I need help" Felix prentended to be desperate.
"I was going to Adrien's party. Why aren't you there?" Nathaniel asked, holding his present.
Felix looked annoyed.
At that point, Befana found him.
"Felice, is that your friend who needed help with his homework?" She asked with sarcasm.
Befana pointed her broom at Felix and he shielded himself with Nathaniel, who became coal instead of him.
"I knew you were lying! You're the living copy of Pinocchio" .
"That's the spirit, Befana" Mariposa complimented her.
"You're such a sweet girl. I'd like to intruduce you to my grandson" Befana said.
Mariposa made a puzzled face.
"I'm sure he's a sweet boy, but uhm. . .I'm already seeing someone" Mariposa replied.
"You're not lying, are you?" Befana questioned.
"No, no, I-! Hey, he's getting away!" .
Felix kept running.
He was about to go down the stairs of the metro when Mister Bug's yo-yo pulled him back, making Felix fall on his butt.
"You'll make everyone in the metro a possible target if you go there. Come with me. I'll keep you safe" Mister Bug said, helping Felix to stand up.
"I'm not going anywhere with you, Crazy-bug!" Felix crossed his arms.
"It's either me or her" .
Felix saw Befana flying towards them, so he decided to go with Mister Bug.
_
_
_
The super hero swinged around the city, holding Felix with one arm.
"Where are you taking me?" The boy asked, holding onto him tight because he thought Mister Bug would drop him on purpose.
They landed at the park, next to the marquee that Adrien and his family set up for the party.
"What? This is the best place you could think of!?" Felix yelled.
"I'm starting to think you'd be more pleasant as a statue of coal" Mister Bug whispered.
"Lucky Charm!" He catched a heavy tuba, but that was not the time for a concert.
When Befana arrived at the park, Mister Bug's vision focused on her broom, then on Felix and the tuba.
"What are you waiting for? Do something!" Felix yelled again.
"You know what? Go ahead, madame. Do what you must" Mister Bug said he wasn't going to protect that ungrateful brat.
"A wise decision, coccinella" Befana smiled.
The woman pointed her broom at Felix. When she fired, Mister Bug stepped in front of his cousin. The blast went inside the tuba, came out from the other side and went back to the sender.
Befana became coal in an instant and the broom fell from her hands. Felix picked it up.
"Hey, Mister Bug. Take this-!" He aimed the broom at the super hero, and before he could fire, Felix got covered by the cake that he ruined.
Nino, Alya and Sabrina threw it on him when they saw what he was about to do.
Mister Bug grabbed the broom.
"I just wanted to hand it to you" Felix made an innocent smile.
Mister Bug broke the broom in half. The Akuma came out and he puryfied it.
"Miraculous Mister Bug!" .
Tom, Rolland and Nathaniel came back to normal, and so did Gina. The poor woman didn't even remember how she ended at the park.
"Who are you?" She asked to Mister Bug when he helped her to stand up.
"Don't be afraid, madame. I'm Mister Bug" .
"You're a super hero? My grandson loves super heroes! Would you like to stay for his birthday?" Gina asked with enthusiasm.
"I'd love to, but I have to be somewhere else this evening" Mister Bug answered.
"Are you lying?" Gina was suspicious.
"Gotta go! Bye!" The hero quickly grabbed his yo-yo and swinged away.
_
_
_
Adrien's friends came to celebrate his birthday. Even Chloe and Luka were attending.
They all brought presents, Kagami was incharged of the music, and Nino made Adrien wear an emberassing birthday hat with the number sixteen.
Felix went to talk with Nathaniel.
"Hey, Nath! Good to see you're okay. I'm really sorry for what happened before. I didn't want to use you as a human shield, but Mister Bug told me to-" .
"You can spare me the excuses, Felix. I don't care" Nathalie walked away because he didn't want to listen to him.
"Wait, let me explain!" .
"You have cake frost in your nose" .
Felix showed his true colors once again and no one was going to trust him again.
Before eating the cannoli, Adrien made a speech for his guests.
"Thank you all for being here. I really appreciate your company. I admit that I didn't want to have this party, and I agreed to do it only to make my parents and my grandparents happy. But now I'm glad they had this idea. This is a great birthday and I'm so happy" .
Tom and Emily exchanged a look.
"E ora mangiamo!" Adrien said and no one understood him.
"And now let's eat!" He translated.
Gina served her dish to everyone.
"Here, Felix. Enjoy" Adrien handed him a plate of cannelloni and Felix looked confused by that gesture.
"Why did you share your grandma's dish with him?" Tikki asked to Adrien from under his hat.
"Even if he tried to ruin my birthday, I'm not angry with him. I've got everything: a loving family, great friends and hope. Hope that tomorrow things will be better" Adrien answered. Then he saw a shadow moving behind the marquee.
He went outside to see who it was, but all he found was a present left on a bench, with a note.
Adrien picked up the present and openned it: it was a handmade keychain, made of beads with their team colors.
"I thought you needed a lucky charm just for you" The note said.
Adrien looked around. He knew who left that present and he was hoping to see her.
Mariposa was on a roof, watching the boy she loved from afar.
"Happy birthday, Adrien" She whispered before leaving.
_
_
_
Felix walked out of the marquee. He didn't want to stay, and he didn't want to eat Gina's dish either, so he threw the plate in a trashcan.
When he was at the door of his condominium, he heard a female voice.
"Happy birthday!" .
Felix made a fist for the anger.
"You got the wrong guy. I'm not Adrien" he said without turning around.
"I know. I was congratulating you" the girl replied.
"Why?" Felix looked back.
"Because this is the birth of our team" Lila smirked.