Chapter 21 The Collector (part 1)

"I'm very disappointed in you, Marinette" Gabriel was scolding her after he found out that she took his book "Not only you went in my studio without permission, you also took my inspirational book and you lost it!" .
"I'm sorry, father. I've looked for it everywhere. . ." Marinette was trying to explain.
"I have no choice but to teach you to respect my autority. You're grounded! You won't leave this house until I've decided you can" Gabriel established.
"But what about school? The new year just started" Marinette asked.
"Nathalie will teach you. I hope this punishment will help you understand your errors, Marinette" her father told her to go in her room and she obbayed.
_
_
_
Adrien was dashing to school.
"Adrien, slow down!" You're running out of breath!" Tikki told him from his bag.
The boy stopped running.
"I have to get to school. . . and find Marinette. . .I need to ask her where she found the manual" Adrien said with shorth breath.
"What do you think she'll answer?" Tikki asked.
Adrien made a tired moan.
"I don't know. In the worst case, Marinette is secretely working for Hawk Moth. What if she's the one who helped him escape during the Heroes Day? That means I'm in love with one of my enemies!" .
"Calm down. You're overthinking this" Tikki
"That's not a twist" .
Adrien arrived to school and saw Chloe crying on Sabrina' shoulder.
"It's terrible! This is a disgrace!" .
"What happened?" Adrien asked.
"Marinette can't come back to school because she lost her father's book" Ivan answered.
"Really? That's great!" Adrien exclaimed.
"What?" Chloe questioned.
"I mean- I thought it was something irreparable. But thankfully it's just a lost book. I'm sure it will pop out soon and Marinette will come back!" Adrien walked out of the classroom and went in the bathroom.
"Did you hear that, Tikki? The manual doesn't belong to Marinette, but to her father!" Adrien looked so relieved.
"Good to know, but now there's the chance that Gabriel Agreste could be working with Hawk Moth" Tikki replied.
The boy reflected on that.
"What if. . . What if he's Hawk Moth?" He asked.
Adrien couldn't stay at school. He needed to find out if his suspicious were true.
_
_
_
Marinette was in her room. She was trying to remember where she could have left the book.
"I don't understand. I've looked for it in the school library two times" .
"Didn't you take it to the park?" Plagg asked.
"You're right, Plagg! Maybe the book is still in there. I should check it out" Marinette said.
"But you're grounded and disobbaying to your father would be extremely disrespectful!" Plagg exchanged a look with the girl and they giggled.
"Plagg, claws out!" Marinette transformed and left her house to go to the park.
_
_
_
Gabriel and Nathalie were in the studio.
"What should we do now, sir?" Nathalie asked. Gabriel was in front of a mirror, adjusting the fake skin that covered the clawmarks Lady Noir left below his eye.
"I know this is a delicate situation, but there's no need to panic" Gabriel thought he could use the loss of his book at his own advantage.
He asked Nathalie to square up his studio, like someone would have done in an attack of rage.
Then Gabriel inserted the code of the painting and went in his hideout.
"Nooroo, dark wings rise!" Hawk Moth transformed a butterly into an Akuma, but instead of sending it out of his lair, he detransformed and took off the butterfly Miraculous. The Akuma went inside the sketch book he was holding.
Gabriel became a new super villain and gave himself a name.
"I'm now the Collector! My inspirational book was taken from me, leaving me with anger and disappointement. I'll use my powers to recreate that book, capturing all I want in this one!" The Collector proclaimed.
He left his hideout to return in the studio that his assistent destroyed like he asked her to.
When Nathalie saw him, she was almost frightened.
"Nathalie, would you like to be my first work of art?" .
"Sir, wait!" Nathalie held out her hand.
The Collector touched her with the open sketch book and Nathalie was absorbed in the first page.
Then the Collector went to look for his daughter.
"Marinette!" He kicked open the door of her room.
Since Marinette wasn't there, he decided to go cause some trouble around the city, to force Lady Noir and Mister Bug to show.
_
_
_
Shortly after Gabriel left, Mister Bug arrived at the Agreste house.
He spied in the studio from the window and when he saw in what conditions the place was, he invited himself in.
"What happened here? Mister Agreste? Are you here?" .
He didn't recive any answer, so he went to look for Marinette, but just like her father, she wasn't in the house.
It was obvious that there was something wrong. So Mister Bug took his yo-yo and tried to call his partner.
_
_
_
Lady Noir was still looking for the book. She looked for it under the banches, in the trashcans and next to the carousel.
"It's not here either. . . I'm going to stay grounded until my eighteen birthday!" She regretted taking it out of the house in the first place.
In that moment, she recived Mister Bug's call.
"Hey, Mister B. What's up?" .
"I'm at the house of Gabriel Agreste right now" He said.
"Why are you at my- his house?" Lady Noir asked.
"There's a problem. Gabriel Agreste, his assistant and his daughter desappeared" Mister Bug told her about how the studio looked like.
"What. . .?" The heroine was worried for her father and Nathalie.
She heard the sirens of the police cars.
"Mister Bug, I think I have a clue of what's going on" .
_
_
_
Lady Noir followed the cars to the Louvre Museum.
The Collector wanted to steal the precious art works.
When the police arrived, they lined up with their shields in front of the paintings to protect them. The super villain threw the sketch book and trapped in it many of the officers.
Their defense was dissabled and the Collector got the art works.
"Those don't belong to you! Put them back where they were before!" Lady Noir ordered to the super villain. She didn't recognize her father right away, but when the Collector explained why he was stealing the paintings, she was artbroken.
"Then you are. . .?" .
"I'm the Collector!" He threw the sketch book at the heroine. She could have been absorbed if Mister Bug didn't push her back in time.
"You okay, Lady Noir?" He asked.
"Yes. . ." She answered, but the truth was that she was feeling guilty for the akumization of her father.
"Are you the person responsable for the disaster at the Agreste house?" Mister Bug spoke to the Collector.
"He's Gabriel Agreste" Lady Noir said.
"He is?" The hero asked with surprise.