Chapter 23 Monster Bug (part 2)

Mister Bug was going home when he was attacked. Monster Bug kicked him while he was swinging above a building and the hero almost lost the phone with Felix confession.
"You again?" Mister Bug thought that guy was the Impostor "Listen, pal. You should move on from your obsession with Lady Noir" .
Monster Bug threw his yo-yo at him and Mister Bug ducked like a game of limbo to dodge it.
"Give me your Miraculous!" .
_
_
_
Marinette was laying on her bed, with her eyes still watering for crying.
Plagg tried to console her by offering her some cheese, but Marinette didn't take it. Plagg left the cheese on the pillow and started to caress her head.
"It's going to be okay, kid. The truth will come out and you'll go back to school with your friends" he said.
Marinette remained silent.
Something swished before the window. Plagg flew to see what it was and glimpsed the two Mister Bug fighting.
"Is there a problem?" Marinette asked.
"No! No, it's okay" Plagg didn't want her to worry.
But Marinette knew that she couldn't stay in bed and cry if Paris needed her.
She reluctantly got up and transformed.
_
_
_
Lady Noir arrived at the square in front of the Cathedral.
"Mister B, what's the prob-? What the-!?" She wasn't expecting to see two identical Mister Bug one more time.
"Not this guy again" Lady Noir facepalmed, thinking it was the Impostor.
"Lady Noir, I'm the real Mister Bug!" .
"No, I am the real one!" .
"Thefakeonesaiswhat" .
"What?" .
"Hah!" .
"You know what? I'm not in the mood for this. Cataclysm!" Lady Noir evoked her power and grabbed one of the Mister Bugs.
"What are you doing!?" He exclaimed.
"The fake Mister Bug better come out or else I'll destroy your earrings" Lady Noir put her hand closer to his ear.
"Are you serious?" The other Mister Bug questioned.
"If you're the real one, you don't have to worry about this guy. But if you are not, then you better say it before it's too late" Lady Noir started a countdown, moving her hand closer to the earring at each number.
When she was about to say one, the Mister Bug that wasn't being held confessed.
"Stop it! It's me! I'm the fake one!" .
Lady Noir let her partner go.
"Sorry for that, Mister Bug. I've had a terrible day" She apologized.
Mayura finally showed up.
"Hello, Mister Bug and Lady Noir" .
"You must be Hawk Moth's sidekick" Mister Bug said.
"The name is Mayura. And this is my creation, Monster Bug" Mayura put her hand on his shoulder.
"Lucky Charm!" Mister Bug recived some handcuffs.
When Mayura instigated the sentimonster against him, Lady Noir launched herself at the woman.
Mister Bug handcuffed himself to Monster Bug, making the fight more difficult him.
Lady Noir kept the hand with the Cataclysm raised, but when Mayura started coughing,
Lady Noir stopped. Her mom coughed like that after she got sick.
Mayura knelt down before her enemy.
"Are you okay?" Lady Noir wanted to help her, but she got hitted by Hawk Moth's cane.
He arrived right on time to save his assistant.
Lady Noir accidentally touched the ground after she got hit and the Cataclysm created a chasm. Her and the two Mister Bug fell in it, meanwhile Hawk Moth held Mayura in his arms, to bring her away from the battle.
"Nathalie, what were you thinking?" The man asked.
"I wanted get their Miraculous for you" Mayura hoarsely answered.
"We'll get them, but not like this. I can't lose someone else because of the peacock Miraculous" .
_
_
_
Mister Bug helped his partner to get out of the chasm, with Monster Bug still handcuffed to him.
"They got away" Mister Bug said with disappointment.
"What do we do with him?" Lady Noir asked, looking at Monster Bug, who was left alone and looked like a scared child.
"He doesn't seem evil. He was just following the orders of his creator. Maybe he can help us" Mister Bug answered.
Felix was looking at them from the other side of the square. He took his sunglasses and broke them in half since he no longer needed that sentimonster.
Monster Bug fell on his knees, holding his chest and Mister Bug tried to help him.
"What is going on?" .
The sentimoster turned into dust in his arms.
The Amok was flying away, so Mister Bug had to capture it.
"Poor guy. It wasn't his fault if he was created to do bad" Lady Noir felt sorry for him "This day just keeps getting worse" .
"Do you want to talk about it?" Mister Bug aked to her.
Unfortunately her ring was running out of energy.
"It's okay. I'm going to let off some steam with my punching-bag" Lady Noir said.
After she left, Mister Bug used his Lucky Charm to close the chasm.
_
_
_
The next day, Marinette was called in the office of principal Demoicles.
He made her listen to the recording he recived.
"This is a solid proof of your innocence. I'm sorry you were wrongly accused for Felix actions. I've already sent an e-mail to his mom. He'll be suspended for what he did" the man said.
"That means I can stay in this school?" Marinette asked.
"Naturally" Principal Damoicles nodded.
Marinette was so relieved.
She immediately left the school and ran to Adrien's place.
Even if the principal didn't tell her who sent his that recording, she knew it was him.
Marinette walked inside the Dupains bakery and asked to her parents about him.
"Adrien is in our appartament right now. Do you want me to call him?" Emily asked.
"No need to" Marinette quickly ran up stairs. She knocked on the door of the appartament and Adrien openned.
"Marinette?" He was surprised to see her.
With short breat, she told him what happened in their principal office.
"I know it was you who sent that recording. You helped me as you said you would" .
"It was nothing" Adrien looked away and scratched the back of his head.
"You're always there for me when I need you. You are. . . my hero" Marinette got closer to him.
She held his face in her hands, making Adrien look at her. Before he could say something, Marinette closed her eyes and tenderly kissed him on the lips.
Adrien's heart started beating so fast that Tikki could hear it from behind the door.
After the kiss, Marinette kept looking at his lips, but then she realized what just happened and made two steps back.
"Okay, well-! Thanks again for the help! See you at school!" She said before running down the stairs to return in the bakery.
"Did you talk with Adrien?" Emily asked to her.
Head down, Marinette rushed out of the bakery.
"What happened?" Emily wondered.
"I don't know. Did you notice that her face was red?" Tom questioned.
_
_
_
"What have I done!? Why did I kiss him!?" Marinette was on her bed, with her face hidden on a pillow.
"Congratulations! You gave your first kiss!" Plagg said to mock her.
Marinette muffled a scream with the pillow. Her scream of embarrassement gradually became a laugher of happiness.
"I kissed Adrien!" She giggled, showing her face.
"Yes? Don't you regret doing it?" Plagg asked.
"Absolutely not" Marinette jumped off her bed and went to her desk with a smile.
"But what about Mister Bug?" Plagg flew to her.
"I've accepted that he can't be in love with me a long time ago. But Adrien?" Marinette looked at the drawing that he gave her as his birthday present "Maybe there's a chance" .
_
_
_
A happy howl echoed in the night sky of Paris.
Mister Bug was swinging around the city, to let out all his excitement. He made a hammock with his yo-yo and rested on it.
He couldn't believe that Marinette really kissed him.
"What a day" He said with a delighted expression. He brought a hand to his face and touched his lips.