Chapter 28 Mariposa (part 1)

Someone convinced Marinette to go in a place outside town.
"This house belonged to my grandmother. I've lived with her when I was your age" Nathalie was using a staff to walk around the old kitchen "It's not in the best conditions, but we can make it look better" .
"I think it's beautiful" Marinette said.
Nathalie showed her the rest of the house.
"You can sleep in my old bedroom and I'll sleep in my grandmother's room" .
Nathalie openned the door of Marinette's new room: the walls were painted with the color cream, the bed had a green knitted blanket and the light had a pretty lanter with butterflies.
Marinette liked that room, but she couldn't feel happy.
"Marinette, I know you're feeling like your world is burning down. Your father didn't want to hurt you" Nathalie said.
Marinette closed herself in that room and sat on the bed.
Plagg came out from under her hat.
"You can't stay here, kid. I don't trust that woman. She probably helped you father!" He was worried.
"But Nathalie is the only person I have left" Marinette argued.
"You still have your friends" .
"No, Plagg. They're better off without me" Marinette searched in her pocket and took out the butterly Miraculous "At least there won't be other Akuma attacks" .
The Miraculous started to shine and Marinette instintively dropped it on the bed. The butterfly Kwami appeared before her.
"Where am I?" Nooroo looked so scared.
"Nooroo! It's so good to see you!" Plagg hugged him.
"Plagg, how did you find me? Where is my holder?" Nooroo asked.
"It's okay. You're with the most trusteful person in the world" Plagg indicated Marinette and she akwardly waved.
"What happened to my master?" Nooroo asked.
Marinette held him in her hands.
"He was defeated. No one will force you to take part in his plans again" She promised.
Nathalie was standing right behind the door and she heard everything.
"Isn't this great? We don't have to keep helping Gabriel!" Duusu cheered.
"That's where you're wrong, Duusu" Nathalie said.
Before he went to find Lady Blanc, Hawk Moth told Nathalie to take care of his daughter if anything happened to him, and she had to convince Marinette to join their side.
_
_
_
In the morning, Adrien openned the front door of his condominium and found Nino waiting for him.
"What do you want to do with that backpack?" Nino questioned.
"It's for the supplies" Adrien answered.
"Supplies for what?" .
"I'll probably stay out for a long time. I have to find Marinette" .
Nino said that the police was already looking for her.
"There are other things to think about" He added.
"There won't be any more Akuma attacks without Hawk Moth. The city is safe" Adrien said.
"What about Mayura?" Nino reminded him.
"Gabriel will confess who she is and they'll arrest her as well" .
Adrien started to walk, but he stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and Nino reached him.
"I messed up. . ." .
Nino touched his shoulder.
_
_
_
Nathalie made pancakes for Marinette. She placed them on the kitchen table and called the girl.
"Marinette, breakfast is ready!" .
Since she didn't recive an answer, Nathalie had to go up stairs. She openned the door of Marinette's room, but she wasn't there.
Nathalie noticed a ray of sunlight coming from the open hatch that led to the roof.
Marinette found the place ruled by lush vegetation. There were so many flowers and butterflies were eating their nectar.
Marinette was looking at the sky, holding herself.
Nathalie walked to her with the staff.
"Why did my father do that, Nathalie? What reason did he have to become Hawk Moth?" The girl questioned.
"A good one, Marinette" Nathalie answered and showed her the peacock Miraculous.
"You deserve to know all the truth. . .Years ago, your mother gifted your father a mysterious book and two unique jewels she found in her trip to Shanghai. When your mother got sick, Gabriel did a lot of researches and found out what the book was. After Sabine died, your father promised he would bring her back to you. He became Hawk Moth to use your Miraculous to make that wish come true" Nathalie explained.
"You mean my ring and Mister Bug's earrings can grant a wish?" Marinette asked, looking at her ring.
"Precicely. I swore that I would help your father and that's what I'm going to do. If you give me the butterfly Miraculous, I can take his place" Nathalie extended her hand.
"I can't, Nathalie. Even if seeing my mom again is what I want most in the world, I don't think I can watch Paris be terrorized by another Hawk Moth" Marinette refused to give her the butterfly Miraculous.
"Then I have to use another way" Nathalie let her staff fall and transformed in front of Marinette. She couldn't bring herself to do stop her now that she knew it was Nathalie under the mask.
Mayura created an Amok and sent it freely.
_
_
_
Adrien and Nino were sitting on a bench of the park. There were other people there at the moment.
A mom was stolling her baby boy, who was loudly crying because he wanted a lollipop.
Adrien took two cans of soda from his backpack and shared one with his friend.
"We could call the girls and search again the places you went last time" Nino suggested.
"And what are we going to do if we don't find her?" Adrien asked.
While Nino was trying to reassure him, Adrien looked around. He spotted a blue feather flying above the park.
"An Amok!" Adrien screamed.
The feather went in the pacifier of the baby that was crying.
His sentimonster was a giant made of colorful lollipops and it started destroying what was around with his candy fists.
Adrien and Nino hid behind the park bench.
"Now it would be a great time for our heroes to do something" Nino said.
"Call Alya and Sabrina!" Adrien stood up and ran away from the park.