Chapter 21 The Collector (part 2)

The Collector threw his sketch book at the heroes. He missed them and the book returned to him like a boomerang.
"How do we fight a villain with a weapon we cannot touch?" Lady Noir pointed out.
"We also have some tricks up our sleeve. Lucky Charm!" Mister Bug was almost crushed by an unusual object.
"A tennis ball launcher?" He pressed a button and accidentally launched a ball at the super villain. The Collector absorbed it in his book and turned a page.
"That's it! I know what we need this for" Mister Bug smiled.
The Collector was getting closer to them, so Mister Bug and Lady Noir ran away with the ball launcher.
The two heroes arrived at the Egyptian exhibition and went to the other side of the room.
They started throwing tennis balls at the Collector.
"We need more things to throw" Mister Bug said.
Lady Noir went to collect all the tiny objects exposed and made them go into the ball launcher.
The super villain absorbed them in his book, which was getting filled pretty quickly.
"Plagg, forgive me" Lady Noir grabbed the old cheese shape and made it spin like a disk to launch it at the Collector.
When his sketch book absorbed the cheese, this closed because it was full.
"No!" The Collector wanted to remove some objects, but Mister Bug wrapped him with yo-yo and Lady Noir went to take the sketch book.
After she emptied it, freeing the officers, the art works and Nathalie, Lady Noir used her cataclysm to destroy book.
Mister Bug captured the Akuma.
"Miraculous Mister Bug!" He threw in the air the casket of the ball launcher and everything returned where it was before.
The Collector detransformed.
"Why am I here?" Gabriel pretended to not know what happened to him.
"Don't worry, Mr Agreste. Everything is alright now" Lady Noir reassured him.
"You were akumatized" Mister Bug said.
"I was? Please, tell me my daughter is okay! I would never forgive myself if anything happened to her" .
"She must have run away when you were turned into a super villain" Lady Noir pretended to guess.
_
_
_
After he saved Gabriel, Adrien went to Master Fu medical center.
"So you see, the book didn't belong to Marinette. It was her father's, but he didn't know what it was. For a moment I thought Gabriel Agreste was Hawk Moth, but they can't be the same person if he was akumatized, right?" The boy asked.
"I suppose" Master Fu combed his beard with an uncertain look.
"Master, I have a huge favor to ask you" Adrien said he wanted to return the book to Gabriel Agreste "I know the manual belongs to you, but Mr Agreste needs it. . .and Marinette is going to stay grounded until he finds it" .
"I understand. However I can't just leave him the manual" .
"And for that reason I got you this!" Adrien gave him a tablet. They took pictures of the entire book with it, so Master Fu could keep the manual with him in some way.
_
_
_
"You sacrificed my cheese!?" Plagg yelled after Marinette told him how they defeated the Collector.
"It was the only way to win" Marinette said.
"Maybe you deserve to be grounded" Plagg looked away with his small arms crossed.
"Maybe I really do. . ." She sighed.
Both of them heard a familiar voice coming from the entrance of the house. Plagg hid under Marinette's hat and she went to see what was going on.
"I didn't know the book belonged to you. I found it at the park next to my house and I couldn't resist. I had to give it a look because I love super heroes!" Adrien explained to Mr Agreste.
Gabriel was standing on the stairs. He checked the book and was relieved that nothing was missing.
"Thank you for bringing it back to me" He said to Adrien.
"Now that you have your book, Marinette can go back to school?" The boy nervously asked.
Gabriel thought about it for a moment. He looked at Adrien, at Nathalie and then he looked at Marinette, who shaking to know the answer.
"I suppose I can give her another chance" Gabriel said and Marinette smiled.
Adrien was happy. He should have left after returning the book, but he wanted to ask Mr Agreste a question.
"If I may ask, where did you find that book? It looks very old" .
Gabriel flinched.
"It was a gift from my wife. She found it during a trip to China. I didn't know what to do with it at first, but then it became my inspirational book" the man explained.
Adrien nodded.
"Thank you, Mr Agreste" When he to the door, Gabriel told him to wait. The boy turned around, worried that he might have guessed something.
Gabriel's eyes were studying Adrien very carefuly.
"Would you like to become the new face of the Agreste brand?" Gabriel asked.
Adrien, Marinette and Nathalie gasped at the same time.
"You want me to become a model for your brand?" Adrien asked to make sure he didn't misunderstand.
"That's right. If you accept, I will talk with your parents to discuss a contract" Gabriel answered.
Nathalie looked so confused.
Adrien didn't know what to say. He looked at Marinette. She was thrilled for him and gave him thumbs up.
"I. . .I accept!" Adrien said.
"Perfect. Tomorrow Marinette will give you the number to contact my assistant" Gabriel was extremely patient with him.
Adrien waved at Marinette and walked out of the house.
Gabriel looked at his daughter one more time and she quickly returned to her bedroon.
_
_
_
Gabriel and Nathalie were back in the studio.
"Sir, I don't understand. Why do you want that boy to work for you?" She asked once they were alone.
"Did you notice that he was very interested in my book? He wanted to know where I got this" Gabriel walked up to the the painting of his wife "I think that boy is more special then it appears" the man openned the safe to put the book in its place.
"What do you mean?" Nathalie questioned.
"That he could be Mister Bug" Gabriel answered.
"Him? How do you-?" .
"It's just a feeling. Althought you can't deny the similarities between the two" Gabriel said.
"Yes, but. . ." Nathalie wasn't sure.
Gabriel used the code to access his secret lair. Nathalie took a jewelry box and brought it to him.
A purple light shined from the Miraculous of the butterfly and Nooroo appeared.
"Greetings, master" Nooroo sadly saluted Gabriel.
The man wore the Miraculous.
"Nooroo, dark wings rise!" He transformed "I'm going to find out if Adrien Dupain is Mister Bug. You know what they say, Nathalie? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!" .