Chapter 26 Animan (part 1)

Adrien locked his room so his parents couldn't come in and see what he worked on all night long.
"Tikki, I've figured out the truth!" He woke up his Kwami, who was sleeping on the bed.
Adrien looked exhausted but his eyes were wide open for how excited he was. He made an board for clues to understand if Marinette really was Lady Noir.
"Remember when we went to the museum for that egyptair scroll? Marinette was there for the same reason!" Adrien pointed at the flyer on the board.
"And during her brithday? Lady Noir didn't show up before Marinette desappeared! And yesterday Lady Noir didn't have her Miraculous because Marinette took it off to do the photoshoot with me! Plagg lied when he said he knows me because I'm famous. He actually knows me because he lives with Marinette!" The boy had short breath after saying all of that.
Tikki was looking at him with a worried expression.
"You're not going to say anything?" Adrien questioned.
"I'm not supposed to say something" Tikki answered.
"So I am right" .
"That's not what I said" .
"Tikki, come on! I need to know if Marinette and Lady Noir are the same person. If something happens, not only I'll lose my partner, but also the love of my life" Adrien sat on his bed with eyes closed.
"And what could possibly happen?" After Tikki asked that, Emily called her son.
"Adrien, get up. You'll be late for school" .
"I think today I'll have a cup of coffee instead of milk" He said, hiding the board under a blanket.
_
_
_
During lunch break, Marinette went to Adrien and Nino's table.
"Adrien, can I talk with you for a moment?" Her face was showing a warm pink tone.
Nino sat somewhere else, to leave them the space they needed.
"So. . .are you free after school?" Marinette was asking Adrien out on their first date.
"I am!" He smiled of excitement.
"Great! I was thinking that we could go to the zoo. I've never been there, can you believe it?" .
Adrien suddently remembered when Lady Noir asked him to go to the zoo.
Now that he suspected the two girls were the same person, he feared he hurted Marinette's feelings everytime he rejected her.
"You don't like this idea?" Marinette asked.
"Huh? N-no. I love it!" Adrien answered.
"Perfect. I'll call you later, okay?" .
When Marinette left him alone, Nino returned to Adrien and congratulated with him.
"My buddy is going out on his first date! I'm so proud!" Nino playfuly pinched his cheek "I'm coming to your place when the date is over, so you can tell me all about it" .
_
_
_
After school, Adrien went home to get ready. He was in the bathroom, still thinking about his partner' secret identity.
"What should I do, Tikki? Should I ask Marinette if she's Lady Noir?" He asked, looking at his reflection on the mirror.
"What makes you think Marinette would tell you if she's Lady Noir or not?" Tikki questioned.
"Perhaps she would if I. . ." Adrien touched one his earrings.
"Don't even think about that! Just because you think she is Lady Noir, you cannot tell Marinette you're Mister Bug" Tikki scolded him.
Adrien's phone rang because Marinette was calling him.
"Oh, no! I'll be late!" .
"Fine. We'll talk about this later" Tikki flew in his pocket and the boy left the bathroom.
_
_
_
Adrien was almost at the entrance of the zoo but he bumped onto someone.
"My bad" He apologized and kept running.
"Where are you going?" Marinette asked.
Adrien almost didn't recognized her. She was wearing a red dress with black and white spots; her hair was down, with a small braid tied to the back of her head by a green ribbon.
She was wearing Mister Bug's colors and that warmed up Adrien's heart.
"You look beautiful, Mari. I like what you did with your hair" He said.
"Thanks. For once I wanted to have my hair down" Marinette blushed.
Adrien gave her his hand and they walked the zoo entrance together.
After buying two tickets, they met with Max and Kim.
"Looking good, guys. Did you dress all fancy for the animals?" Max asked to them.
"It's obvious that they're on a romantic date, Max. And we're probably bothering them" Kim said.
"Oh, I'm sorry. See you at school!" . Max and Kim left the lovebirds alone.
"What animal would you like to see first?" Adrien asked to Marinette.
"The lions? You know, I consider myself a cat puuurson" She laughed.
Her cat-pun made Adrien flinch.
"Are you okay?" Marinette asked.
"Yes. Let's go find the lions" He tried to act cool but that pun was so Lady Noir like.
Adrien and Marinette found the lions enclousure.
"Ah, to be a lion and spend the days doing nothing. Am I right?" Adrien looked at Marinette and
was surprised by the sad expression she had while looking at the lions.
"I thought the zoo was a fun place to go, but all I see are animals locked in small spaces" She knew what being trapped was like so she felt bad for those animals.
"We don't have to stay here if it makes you uncomfortable. We can go somewhere else" Adrien said "There's an ice-cream kiosk at the entrance. Wanna go grab some ice-cream?" Adrien asked, taking Marinette's hands.
She answered with a smile of gratitude.
_
_
_
Kim and Max were in front of the panther enclousure. There was a zookeeper feeding a large piece of meat to the panther.
"Look at how fast she's eating. She must be incredibly strong" Max said.
"Yes, panthers are strong. But not as strong as tigers" Kim told him.
The zookeeper heard what he said.
"My panther is stronger than any other large feline" He said.
"That's impossible, sir. You're exhagerating on purpose" Kim replied.
"Are you accusing me of not knowing my animals?" The man questioned, irritated.
"No, but you obviously don't know science" .
The panther was growling at the boys, like she could understand what Kim was saying.
"Move along, you two. You're bothering my panther" the zookeeper said.
Kim and Max walked away but the guy was still angry.
"Young ones these days. They think they know everything!" .
"I was hoping someone would give in into negativity today. Luckily for me, it happened right where my daughter and that Dupain boy are having their date" Hawk Moth was thrilled.
He sent an Akuma to the zookeeper. The butterfly went inside the shark tooth that he had as bracelet pendant.