Chapter 22 Style Queen (part 1)

A news reporter was presenting a fashion show, which was about to take place in theater that had been set up for the event.
"The new collection designed by Gabriel Agreste will soon be revealed to the public. All the guests are gathering to assist this event" .
The cameraman framed the red carpet where Jagged Stone was walking with his children, Luka and Juleka.
"Mr Jagged Stone, what are your first thoughts on this event?" The reporter asked to him.
"I'm just disappointed that Gabriel Agreste didn't pick my son to be his new model. Look at my boy! He's perfect!" Jagged answered, holding the face of his son.
"Dad, please. . ." Luka was so embarrassed.
A white limousine stopped before the red carpet.
"Looks like the guest of honor, Audrey Boureois, has arrived!" The reporter walked up to the limousine. An classy woman with a big sunhat came out of the veicle with Chloe.
"Madame Bourgeois, what are your expectations for Mr Agreste's work?" The reporter asked to her.
"First on all, don't stand too close to me. I can smell your cheap perfume" Audrey moved her hand in front of her nose and the reporter made a few steps back.
"Gabriel has promised a great show. It better be or else I won't be nice to him on my fashion magazine" Adrien walked away and her daughter followed her.
"Remember, Chloe: being kind never pays off" Audrey said.
Chloe used to think that her mom was right, but after Mister Bug and Bittle Bee saved her, she started to change.
_
_
_
Since Adrien was the star of the Agreste brand, he was given his own changing room.
But he didn't like being treated like a celebrity, especially because he thought he didn't deserve that. He knew other boys would have been better for that job.
"Maybe I'd look better without my glasses" Adrien took them off and looked in the mirror, but he couldn't see his reflection well.
"How do I look?" He asked to Tikki, who was sitting in a gift basket.
"I think you look fine with your glasses" Tikki said.
"But what will the others think? Oh, why did I agree to do this? I'm not cut out to be a model!" Someone knocked on the door of the changing room and Tikki hid in the basket.
"Can I come in?" .
"Who's. . .? Marinette!" Adrien was glad she was there.
She remained surprised for how handsome he looked with the suit her father designed.
"Wow" She whispered.
"What's that?" Adrien didn't hear her.
"I said. . .how are you?" Marinette corrected herself.
"I'm a bit nervous" the boy admitted.
"It's normal. I would feel the same if I was in your place" .
"Now that I think about it, why aren't you a model?" Adrien asked.
Marinette said that when she was little, she wanted to be a model for her father, but Gabriel didn't let her.
"Now that I'm older, I know modelling is not my thing" Marinette noticed that Adrien didn't have his glasses on.
"Hey, why aren't you wearing them?" She asked.
"Well, I-I thought. . ." Adrien didn't know how to explain that he was insecure about his look, but she understood anyway.
"Adrien, you don't have to change anything about your appearence" She put the glasses on his nose.
"There. That's the boy I know" she smiled.
"Thanks, Marinette" Adrien said, feeling a little more confident.
"When you're on that catwalk, remember that you're not alone. Me, your parents and all our friends will be with you. Metaphorically, that is" .
After that, Marinette left the changing room.
_
_
_
Refreshments have been prepared for the guests before the show.
A waitress brought to Audrey a plate with food.
"What is this?" The woman asked, looking at her plate.
"What you requested, madame Boureois" .
"I asked for three tarts, two mini sandwiches and three olives. These are three tards, three mini sandwiches and four olives. Can't you do your job right?" She sent the waitress to fix her mistake.
Marinette went to grab something to eat for her Kwami. Plagg was hungry. But before Marinette could feed him, Chloe spotted her among the other guests and called her.
"Mari-honey! Over here!" . Marinette went to salute Chloe and her mom.
Plagg couldn't resist the hunger, so he flew out of Marinette's hat to go back to the refreshments.
"Hello, madame Boureois. How's it like in New York city?" Marinette wanted to shake her hand, but instead Audrey scanned her from head to feet.
"Do you always wear that leather jacket?" She asked.
"Ehm, yes" .
"Poor sweet girl. Your mom used to dress you like a princess. I mean, what's with this hat?" Audrey took the hat from Marinette's head.
"I'll keep this for the safety of your look. You can thank me later" Audrey walked to the hall where the catwalk was.
"I'm sorry about that, Marinette. I'll try to convince her to return your hat" Chloe apologized with her friend and followed her mom.
"Plagg. . .!" Marinette squeaked, thinking that her Kwami was still under her hat.
_
_
_
All the guests were taking place around the catwalk.
Audrey walked to what she believed was her seat, but Tsurughi-san was already sitting there.
"Hem-hem. That's my seat" .
"I don't think so" Tsurughi-san said with a firm voice.
"Do you don't know who I am? You're in the presence of Audrey Buorgeois, the fashion queen" the woman pompously said.
"But not the queen of this seat" Tsurughi-san replied.
"How dare you!?" Audrey exclaimed.
"Mom, we can find another seat" Chloe said.
Her mom was making a scene and everyone was looking at them.
Marinette was hiding behind the chairs, to try take her hat from Audrey's hands.
"Is there a problem?" Nathalie arrived to manage the situation.
"This woman thinks she can steal my seat" Audrey said, pointing at Tsurughi-san.
"You and your daughter are sitting on the sacond row" Nathalie informed her, looking at the guests list.
"The second row!? Riddiculous! Absolutely riddiculous! Where's Gabriel? I need to talk with him immediately" Audrey demanded to see him.
"Mr Agreste will join us later" .
"Do you want to be fired?" Audrey threatened her.
"Do you want to be kicked out?" Nathalie replied and Tsurughi-san smirked.
At that point Audrey walked away, stamping her feet extremely irritated. Marinette wasn't able to take her hat, so she went after the woman.
"Mom, wait!" Chloe said.
"Don't bother, girl. Your mom will come back when she'll be done with her temper tantrum" Tsurughi-san asked Chloe to sit next to her.
_
_
_
Audrey was outside the theater, waiting for her limousine to pick her up.
"Why is everyone so incompetent and arrogant today? They should all be fired!" .
Hawk Moth was expecting Audrey to be in a bad mood. He sent an Akuma to the woman.
The butterfly was absorbed indide the rose on her sunhat.
"Hello, Style Queen. Would you like if I gave you the chance to teach those who insulted you a lesson? All you have to do in return is take care of a certain boy" Hawk Moth wanted to make Adrien helpless, so he would find out if he was Mister Bug.
"I'll show those people who's the fashion queen!" Audrey accepted to do as Hawk Moth wanted.
Marinette arrived in time to see Audrey transforming into a super villain. Style Queen was covered in golden glitters and she had a crown and a scepter.
She turned into a cloud of glitters and desappeared .
"No, no, no!" Marinette ran back into the fashion show.