Chapter 29 Truth (part 2)

Adrien went to Master Fu.
Since Red Renard, Jade Shell and Bittle Bee couldn't join the fight, Adrien had to pick a different Miraculous.
"To defeat a villain that can rewind time. . . I need someone who can do the same thing!" His eyes stopped on a bracelet that looked like a snake.
"Good luck, Adrien" Master Fu said.
The boy was trying to take the Miraculous, but he couldn't bring himself to touch it because of his fear of snakes. So Master Fu put the bracelet in a jewel box for him.
_
_
_
Truth was walkig around the streats, not caring about the cars that swerved to avoid him. 
Five police cars stopped at the end of the road where he was.
"Put your hands up!" Officer Roger ordered while his collegues pointed their teasers at the super villain.
Truth jumped over the first car and fast as a lightining, he touched each officer with his ring. They drove back to where they came from and left.
"I'm sure you're having fun, Luka. But remember that you have a target" Mariposa said.
"Remind me when I told you my name?" Truth was doubtful.
"Oh, uhm. . . I know your name because I saw you on TV during Gabriel Agreste's fashion show! You're Jagged Stone' son, right?" Mariposa answered.
Kagami walked out of the record company and she was almost run over by a police car.
She hid behind a van and saw Truth apparently talking to himself.
"Hey-" Mister Bug appeared behind her, Kagami got scared and she hitted him with her purse.
"I'm so sorry, Mister Bug!" .
"It's okay" he said, touching his nose "I was looking for you" .
"For me?" Kagami was surprised.
"This is the snake Miraculous, which grants the power of the second chance" he showed her the little box "I'm entrusting you with it so you can help me defeat this super villain. Once your mission is over, you'll return the Miraculous to me. Okay?" .
"Yes! I won't disappoint you, Mister Bug" Kagami said with confidence.
When she openned the box, a green light shined from the bracelet and the snake Kwami appeared.
"Hello, miss. My name is Sass" He spoke with a hissing voice. He looked so much like a snake, he even had a long tail.
"Mister Bug, this is so-! Are you okay?" Kagami noticed that Mister Bug looked uncomfortable.
"Totally. . ." He answered with a weird face.
Kagami wore the bracelet.
"If you want to transform, just say 'Sass scales slither' " Sass explained.
"Sass scales slither!" .
Kagami's super hero costume was dark green and turquoise. Her mask resambled the head of a snake and her weapon was a lyra.
Her appearence didn't scare Mister Bug and that was a relief for him.
"What should I call you now?" He asked.
"What do you think of. . .Venomuse?" .
"Muse? Because you like music?" Mister Bug guessed.
"How did you know?" She questioned.
"Uhm, lucky guess?" He smiled embarassed.
Venomuse set the timer of her bracelet.
"Second chance!" A flash sparked from her Miraculous.
"Ready?" Mister Bug asked.
"Ready" She nodded.
_
_
_
Truth was still looking for Adrien. Instead of him, Mister Bug showed up with his new teammate.
"Who are you supposed to be?" Truth gleared at her.
"I'm Venomuse. Nice to meet you" She politely bowed to him.
"He found my replacement quicker than I thought" Mariposa sounded a bit jealous.
Mister Bug used his special power and recived some tongs, like those he used at the bakery.
"How useful" He said with sarcasm.
Mister Bug's distraction caused him to be touched by Truth's ring.
The super hero started moving backwards. Before Truth could touch her as well, Venomuse hid.
"You're lucky I don't have to waste time with you, newbie" The super villain continued to search for Adrien.
Venomuse was about to rewind time, but the curiousity took over her. So she followed Mister Bug to Master Fu's center.
"Why would he go there? What's in that place?" She asked to herself.
Mister Bug detransformed.
"Adrien!?" .
Only then Venomuse used her power. In a flash she was back behind the van.
"Ready?" Mister Bug asked with the same positive expression.
Venomuse hugged him.
"Uhm, is everything okay?" .
"Yes. I'm ready" Finding out that Adrien was behind the mask made her feel even more motivated to help him.
The two heroes tried to defeat Truth so many times, but they always had to resort to Venomuse power.
"How many times have we tried this?" Mister Bug asked from behind the same van.
"Fourty-nine" She answered.
"Argh! What are we doing wrong!?" .
"I'm sorry, Mister Bug. I wasn't the right choice for this mission" Venomuse was about to cry.
"What?" Mister Bug didn't understand.
"I'm not helping you in any way. Perhaps you'd have more chances to win if you fought on your own. . ." .
What she said made Mister Bug come up with an idea.
"No, Kagami. I need you. But he has to think I'm not alone" .
_
_
_
"I heard you're looking for Adrien Dupain" Mister Bug was leaning against the van when he caught the super villain's attention.
He didn't have his yo-yo.
"You know where he is?" Truth questioned without knowing about Venomuse.
"Maybe~" .
"Oh no, don't tell me. I'll find out in my way" Truth prepared his ring.
Mister Bug raised his arm and Venomuse launched at him her lyra, which was tied to the yo-yo.
Mister Bug trapped Truth's hand between the cords.
When Venomuse pulled the yo-yo wire, Truth was pushed back and fell down.
"Lucky Charm!" Mister Bug used the tongs to take off the ring.
After Venomuse stepped on it, her teammate puryfied the Akuma that came out.
"Miraculous Mister Bug!" .
Luka returned to be himself and he didn't remember what happened after his argument with Adrien.
_
_
_
After their victory, Kagami returned her Miraculous to Mister Bug.
"Thank you, Kagami. I would have never done it without you" He said.
"This day just keeps getting better!" She replied excited.
"What do you mean?" .
"I had an audition today. I was picked to play at the start of Jagged Stone' upcoming concert!" .
"That's great! Congratulations!" Mister Bug hugged her without thinking.
"Oh, I'm sorry!" He akwardly apologized.
Kagami smiled.
She was glad she helped Adrien.
_
_
_
Mariposa returned in her room. She sat on her bed and covered her face. It was so weird losing after all the times she and Mister Bug won.
Marinette looked at the bookshelf and noticed that the cheese she left for Plagg was gone.
At least her friend was eating; that was a small victory for her.
_
_
_
Luka walked out of his school. Adrien was waiting for him like he did the day before.
"I hope you're not expecting an apology from me, because you won't get it" Luka told him.
Adrien openned his arms and hugged him.
"I'm sorry for what happened yesterday. We're both worried for Marinette, but we have to stick together. It's all we can do" Adrien said after the hug.
Luka nodded. That was his way to say that he agreed with Adrien.