Chapter 20 Lord Bug (part 3)

Adrien brought the manual to Master Fu. The man was amazed.
"I haven't seen this book in years! Where did you find it?" Master Fu asked, taking the manual in his shaking hands.
"At the park. . ." Adrien said.
"Tell him everything, Adrien" Tikki whispered.
"Okay. . . One of my classmates had it. Her name is Marinette Agreste-Cheng. But I'm sure she has no idea of what this is!" .
"You care a lot about this girl, don't you?" The man smiled.
Adrien blushed.
"I understand how you feel, but we have to be open to all the possibilities. If this Marinette had the book, maybe she knows something about Hawk Moth and the two missing Miraculous and Hawk" the master said.
"There has to be a simple explanation for this. . .Probably" Adrien was trying so hard to defend Marinette.
_
_
_
Sabrina and Chloe were on the roof of the Grand Paris Hotel.
Chloe wanted to show her friend the light signal that she requested.
"This signal will be very helpful! When Mister Bug and Lady Noir will see it, they'll know there's an Akuma emergency" Chloe turned it on and started looking for them with binoculars.
"But there isn't an Akuma emergency now" Sabrina argued.
"It's just to see if it works" Chloe said.
"Ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf?" Her friend asked with crossed arms.
Chloe saw something dashing from the other side of the block.
"Did you see that!?" She exclaimed.
"See what?" .
"It looked like Mister Bug, but I'm not sure" Chloe leaned out a little from and something hitted her back. She lost her balance and fell over the railing.
Her binoculars crashed on the sidewalk, but she was holding on the parapet of a window.
"Resist, Chloe!" Sabrina went to take the pool towels and quickly tied them together to make rope.
"Help! Someone help me! Preferably Bittle Bee!" Chloe cried.
Her cry for help was heard by everyone that was near by the hotel.
Marinette and Adrien heard it as well and they transformed.
"Grab this, Chloe!" Sabrina lowered the towel rope.
Chloe extended her arm to grab it, but she slipped.
She was prontally catched by Lord Bug. Lady Noir and Mister Bug saw him swinging with his yo-yo and bringing Chloe to safety on the roof. The girl went to hug Sabrina, then Lord Bug left.
"Was that a new Mister Bug?" Sabrina asked.
"I like the previous one better" Chloe murmured.
"Who is that guy?" Lady Noir asked to Mister Bug.
"I don't know, but hey! At least that girl is okay" He said.
Lord Bug reached them on top of the building where they were.
"Hello there! Nice to meet you, partners. I'm Lord Bug" he introduced himself doing finger guns.
"Lord Bug?" Mister Bug repeated with a doubtful expression.
"Yeah, I'm a different version of you. We're like a cousin!" Lord Bug smiled.
"Huh uhm" Mister Bug exchanged a suspicious look with Lady Noir.
"I'd like to talk with you, but this is a big city full of dangers. Someone has to go help the poor citizens if you two are going to stay here doing nothing" Lord Bug used his yo-yo to swing away.
"That guy is a liar" Lady Noir said.
"More like a victim of Hawk Moth who's living a fantasy. We should go after him" Mister Bug suggested.
Lady Noir extended her staff and jumped away from there.
"Hey! Where are you going?" Mister Bug questioned.
"I've got to be somewhere. I'll come back soon and help you with this guy!" She promised.
_
_
_
Lady Noir returned to the Agreste house and detransformed in her room.
"If my suspicious are correct, Felix and Lord Bug are the same person" Marinette said to Plagg.
"What!? How did you figure that out?" He asked.
"The hair, the eyes color, the timing. It all matches! Don't look at me like that, Plagg. You thought I couldn't figure out something so obvious?" .
Plagg face palmed. He could believe how easily she recognized Felix as Lord Bug but not Adrien as Mister Bug.
Lord Bug used the window to get inside Marinette's room.
"Who are you?" The girl asked, pretending to be surprised.
"You mean you can't see the resamblance?" Lord Bug giggled.
"Felix?" .
"Looks like you were wrong about me, Marinette" .
"Was I? Wearing a costume doesn't make you a hero" the girl said.
"Actions speak louder than words, right? Then let me show you" Lord Bug wrapped her with his yo-yo. Carrying Marinette on his shoulders, he left the house.
He brought the girl in a worksite where a crane was moving some methal tubes. Lord Bug let Marinette on the scaffholding and told her to watch him.
He used his yo-yo to hit a lever of the crane, just like he did with Chloe, and caused it to dropp the load of tubes.
Lord Bug prontally saved a worker from the accident that he caused. He then returned to Marinette with a smug face.
"Did you see that?" .
"See what!? You caused that accident! That's not what a super hero does!" Marinette told him.
"What do you know? You're talking like you know all about being a super hero" was starting to get really annoyed.
"Lord Bug!" Mister Bug finally found him and Marinette.
"Hey, cousin! Would you excuse us? We're in the middle of a date" Lord Bug put his hand on the girls shoulder.
"This isn't a date, it's a kidnapping!" Marinette replied, moving his hand.
"No. THIS is a kidnapping" Lord Bug pushed her off the scaffholding and then he catched her.
The two swinged in the direction of the Eiffel tower and Mister Bug followed them.
"Give up your Miraculous, Mister Bug! Or else I'll make her fall to her destiny" Lord Bug threatened, holding Marinette by the wrist.
"What have I told you!? You cannot hurt that girl!" Hawk Moth growled.
"Try to take away my powers, I dare you. If you do it, we'll both fall down this tower" Lord Bug told him.
"I'll give you my earrings, but don't drop her!" Mister Bug begged him.
"No, Mister Bug!" Marinette reflected on what to do and came up with an idea "Lady Noir, I'm here!" She pretended to see the heroine.
"Lady Noir?" Lord Bug looked around but he didn't see her.
At that point, Marinette kicked him and made him drop her. Mister Bug went after the super villain, confident that Lady Noir would save Marinette.
During the fall, the girl transformed and she used her staff to hold on the tower.
Lord Bug reached the top.
He grabbed his yo-yo and Mister Bug did the same.
"Lucky Charm!" .
"Power Charm!" .
The hero got a roll of tin foil, meanwhile his enemy got a rocket launcher.
"This is your end, Mister Bug!" Lord Bug prepared to fire at him.
Mister Bug's lucky vision made him notice that Lady Noir was behind the super villain.
He used the tin foil to reflect the sunlight and blind Lord Bug, so he couldn't use his rocket launcher.
That distraction gave to Lady Noir the chance to use her special power.
"Cataclysm!" She touched the bars that composed the top of the Eiffel tower and they fell on Lord Bug, trapping him without the Power Charm.
"Hmm, nice earrings. Mind if I try them?" Lady Noir was sure that the Akuma was in one of them, so she took those and crashed them under her foot.
Misterl Bug captured the butterfly and purified it.
Felix detransformed.
"Where am I?" He remembered little to nothing about what happened after he was akumatized.
"Good job, Lady Noir" Mister Bug complimented his partner "Is that girl okay?" He asked worried.
"She's fine. I came back right on time" Lady Noir blinked.
_
_
_
The next day, Marinette decided to go talk with Felix and apologize with him.
"Felix, I'm sorry for the things I said yesterday. I was too mean. If you promise you won't lie again, we can try to be friends" Marinette wanted to give him her hand as a sign of friendship.
Felix looked at her for a moment, then he slapped her hand.
"I don't need a friend like you! You better watch yourself, Agreste-Cheng. Because no one makes me look like a fool" Felix threated her.
Adrien saw that. He was about to go there and give a lesson to his cousin, but Marinette handled the situation by herself.
"You think that you're scary?" She grabbed his nose and caused Felix to scream "Listen, LoRd BuG, you don't want to be friends? Fine! But leave me alone or else you're going to regret messing with me, got it?" Marinette let go of his nose, which got red like his villain suit.
"She's unbreakable" Adrien smiled.
"That sounded a bit scary" Tikki said.
Adrien remembered that she had the manual of the Guardian. The thought of Marinette working for Hawk Moth didn't leave his head for the rest of the day.