Chapter 25

ZAYN'S P.O.V.

"Okay just sign here and you are free to take your sister home at anytime." The nurse smiles and hands me a release form. After signing the sheet, I walk back to Jessie's room and see Harry trying to make Jessie laugh with his lame jokes. Jessie laughs but only at his stupidity.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask. Jessie nods not making eye contact with me. She's nervous I know that. She still has no memory of us but I have gotten calls from the hospital in the middle of the night saying Jessie was screaming my name in her sleep but when she wakes up, she doesn't remember anything from her dream.

"Come on Jessie, let me help you." I hold out my hand for Jessie to take with her uninjured arm. She staggers off the bed and I completely forgot about the cast on her leg and her ribs.

"Whoa, whoa, take it easy. Hold on to Harry and I will get you a wheelchair. I'm so sorry I forgot about your leg. Your ribs have got to be killing you right now." I blabber on as Jessie sighs in pain grasping Harry for her life. I run to the corner of the room to where the chair is and roll it over to Jessie. Harry helps her sit in it as I grab some of the bags lying around the room.

The other boys are waiting at the house for us. Harry came along for reasons unknown though I know his feelings towards her. Harry helps me get Jessie in the backseat of my car and we sit in the front. It is three in the afternoon and the paps are everywhere. The only reason they didn't spot us was because we went out the back and some how they weren't guarding the back.

"I had a dream last night," Jessie mumbles. My heart beat picks up and I glance at Harry. He looks at me as well a shocked look on his face.

"Oh yeah? What about?" I ask. I look in the mirror and Jessie concentrating on something. She's trying to remember what the dream was about. I grip the steering wheel tighter as Jessie groans in frustration then flinches as she moves less than an inch.

"I-I can't remember much. All I know is that you were there and I was in trouble and I needed your help." Jessie's breath becomes uneven as she tries not to cry. Harry reaches back and takes Jessie's good hand in his. We reach the house and Harry grabs the wheelchair from the trunk. I carefully lift Jessie up and seat her in the chair. When we open the door, Niall, Liam and Louis jump up from the couch and run over to Jessie. She smiles weakly.

JESSIE'S P.O.V.

Zayn wheels me through the door. It looks familiar but I just can't remember. I search for something, anything  in my power just for one small memory. Come on, Jessie! Think! I smile weakly at the boys. They run over to me joy filling in their eyes.

"Jessie! Welcome home!" Niall shouts. I flinch back and then squeal as a jolt of pain runs through my body. Niall immediately apologizes repeatedly checking my bandages. I am thankful for their concern but I just want to sleep. The boys sense my exhaustion and Zayn lifts me from my wheel chair much to my protests that he and one of the other boys carry the chair up the stairs. Though I know he is trying to be gentle, I feel a sting of pain from my ribs and my head throbs every time he takes a step.

"This is your room. We just moved in a little bit ago so there is still boxes sitting around your room but I'll unpack them as soon as I can for you. Does it feel familiar?" He asks. My heart drops as I look around at the big room. I search any memory that I have of this room. This house. My head spins as I begin to get frustrated when nothing in my memory comes up.

"That's okay, it will just take time. I'm sure you will remember in due time. Right now, get some sleep. Call me if you need anything." He gently lays me on the enormous bed in the middle of the room. When he leaves I let the tears fall. My head is constantly spinning, like I'm on an endless rollercoaster of hell. My memory is never gonna return! It's been two whole weeks and I have no memory of this house, no memory of the people downstairs, no memory of the woman that says she's my mother along with my other three sisters. I have no memory of how I met these boys. My only few memories are of the monster I call my father. I have nightmares that feel so real but when I wake up, I can't remember a thing about what I dreamt. It kills me to see look at the faces of those people as my brain searches for some recognition of them.

Of anything. Anybody.

This isn't fair. My ribs ache as I drag in a ragged breath. My head pounds as I close my eyes and fall into a restless sleep.

NIALL'S P.O.V.

The cup of tea in Zayn's  hand shakes as he grips is tightly any tighter and I swear the glass if gonna break. The pain on his face shows how much it hurts him to know that his sister might never get her memory back. If Zayn could bring Jessie's memory back with the snap of his fingers, he would've done it already.

"Zayn, it is going to take some time. She is trying too." Liam tries to explain that everything will be alright in the end but Zayn just shakes his head.

"I could've stopped this. I could've protected her better. I could've called the cops when I first met her! Had him taken away so this would never have happened! This is all my fault!" Zayn sets the coffee mug on the table and runs his hands through his already messy hair. It isn't his fault. There is nothing he could've done to stop this. That man is an evil bastard that deserves to die alone rotting in his tiny cell.

"Don't think like that Zayn! This is not your fault. This is Jessie's father's fault. That man is a disgusting excuse for a human being." I say. He sighs not looking anywhere but the floor.

"We need to get some sleep. Wake us in the morning if you need help with anything." Louis says. We all stand up the bags under each of our eyes shows just how tired we are and how little sleep we have gotten in the past two weeks. The four of us head to the guest bedrooms and Zayn stands in the family room for a while longer.

Jessie has to get her memory back.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Heyy!! Sorry for the short chapter but I have to go back to my mums house in and hour or so, so I had to get this out. I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW JI STARTED TO CRY WHEN I GOT THE NEWS!!!!

I AM GOING TO EDMONTON IN JULY FOR THE BOYS CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!

But anyway, I love you all byee!!