Chapter 18

LOUIS' P.O.V.

Jessie and Zayn are packing everything and leaving today to their new house. Though they aren't really moving far, I will still miss them when they are gone.

"Is that the last of the boxes?" Zayn asks dropping the last of his possesions into the trunk of the moving truck. We all nod and Zayn closes the back of the truck hopping in the front. Jessie looks to us and smiles.

"We will miss you Jessie!" The boys and I say in unison. She laughs going in for a group hug.

"I'm not moving to the other side of the world! I don't live too far away. I promise as soon as we settle in we will call you over to check out the house." Jessie waves to us hopping in the passenger side of the truck as Zayn drives away.

"The house is going to feel so empty now!" I whine. The others pout as well as we walk back to the house.

"Hey on the bright side, we will have more food!" Niall pipes in. I give an 'are you kidding me'  look. He blushes chuckling a bit.

ZAYN'S P.O.V.

I pull the truck into the driveway looking to a smiling Jessie.

"Here we go." I say.

After six hours of unloading stuff into the house, Jessie and I have the kitchen and the three bathrooms unpacked. For the most part, we fooled around the house discovering new places. It was actually quite fun. It is now, 1:34 in the morning and Jessie and I sit on the floor of what is going to be the lounge room just eating pizza that we ordered and talking about random stuff. It's actually pretty nice to just sit and talk with my sister. I have never bonded with anybody like this before and it feels amazing.

"I remember when I was about, five I jumped off the swing and landed funny on my arm. My mum rushed me to the hopital and screamed at the doctor when they wouldn't attend to me right away. The funny thing was I wasn't even crying and I had to tell her to calm down because I was fine even though I broke my arm." Jessie smiles at the memory of her adoptive mother all those years ago. The dim lighting makes it quite peaceful as we laugh and eat together. 

"The doctors had to give her the drugs just so she could calm down." She laughs some more.

"You know through the eleven years of mental, verbal, and physical abuse, I will never forget the few good years I had with my parents even if my dad never cared for me in the first place." Her smile falters for a second before it returns looking at me. I'm happy I met her even if she is broken and needs to be put back together, I will do anything I can to help my little sister.

"Okay well that is the last of the pizza, and the last of the pepsi. I think it is time to sleep, tomorrow we will unpack some more." Jessie nods and gets up picking up all the empty pizza boxes while I pick up the empty soda bottles.

JESSIE'S P.O.V.

After I finish throwing out all the pizza boxes, my phone rings indicating I have a message.

Unknown number: Hello, Jessie. I have not seen you in a while. I want you back home now. I will find you Jessie and the consequences will be severe if you don't come back.

My heart rate picks up as soon as I realize who it is.

How did he find my number? Why would he want me back? He kicked me out!

What is he going to do to me?

Does he already know where I am?

All these questions surge through my head making my stomach heave. Zayn looks at me funny as my face goes pale and I run for the toilet. I vomit the contents of my stomach into the toilet, Zayn rushing in. He holds my hair back until I'm finished puking up my supper. Hot tears run down my cheeks as the bile that just came up burns my throat. I knew something was going to happen! Just as I'm starting to get happy, my father has to come back and ruin everything.

"What's wrong, Jessie?" Zayn asks worry clear in his voice. My mind a jumble at the moment, all I could do is take my phone out from my pocket and hand it to him my hands shaking so bad I had to close them into fists. Zayn looks at the screen, reading the text message that will haunt my dreams. . . if I even sleep. Zayn looks at me after reading the message and pulls me into his arms as we sit there on the bathroom floor while I cry. My head pounds, my stomach is queezy though nothing is in it anymore, my hands are shaking so bad I have to grip, Zayn's shirt.

"I'm scared, Zayn. I knew he was going to find me! P-Please help me. He w-will ki-ill me. Za-Zayn please." I hiccup. Zayn rubs my back in a comforting manor but it still doesn't help the horrid memories of the last eleven years of my life. Zayn kisses the top of my head which as now started to drip sweat.

"I promise I won't let anything happen to you. I will do anything I can to protect you." Zayn whispers.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Heyy!! sorry for the long wait and happy belated birthday to Hazza and me!! lol I have turned 14 last week finally and my mum is already making me take my drivers test. Anyway sorry for the short chapter but I will update a longer one hopefully within the next weekend or so because I'm only at my dads house for a day next weekend. I love you guys thank you so much for reading so far please remember to vote, comment and follow me byee!!