Chapter 26

HARRY'S P.O.V.

Jessie lays on the couch staring at the telly not really paying attention to what's on just staring at the screen. Her legs lay across my lap a pillow underneath her casted on for elevation. Louis and Niall went to get Nando's seeing as none of us wanted to cook at the moment. Zayn sits in the chair beside the couch and sighs.

"Is it getting any easier? To breathe I mean." He asks. Jessie glances up straining her neck to see her brother staring down at her. She flinches at his intense stare. Zayn eases up on the look he's giving her though he didn't mean it to be harsh.

"I can breathe a bit better but other than that it hurts to move." Zayn sighs. Liam walks in from the kitchen phone in hand. He smiles at Jessie and sits on floor in front of the telly.

"Simon is coming to visit in a few minutes." He says. Jessie is still weary of Simon seeing as he actually kind of looks like her father and is around the same age as him. Jessie recoils into the couch at his name.

"He's not going to hurt you Jessie. You and Simon had a good bond before. . ." Zayn trails off.

"I promise you he won't hurt you. You can trust him." Just as I finish the sentence, Louis and Niall walk in the door with bags of food in their arms. Simon walks in behind them and closes the door.

"Hello boys. . . And Jessie hello, love. How are you?" He smiles at her. Jessie grabs my hand and squeezes it, shrinking into the couch. Simon's smile falters. He knows Jessie doesn't remember him and he was prepared for this to happen but the hurt in his eyes is unmistakable.

Zayn sighs and grabs a bag from Niall's arms. They take them into the kitchen and I move Jessie's legs off me so I can get up and grab some food.

"I'll be right back. Simon won't hurt you I promise." I give Simon a look as to say, be careful and don't scare her. I walk into the kitchen and help unpack the rest of the food and make a plate for myself. Zayn carries his plate and Jessie's into the family room and I grab their forks. I walk back to my seat and Jessie is sitting up but lifts her legs so I can sit. I put the pillow back on my lap for her foot and she slowly eats her food.

JESSIE'S P.O.V.

"Um, yeah hi please calm down we don't want people to notice us and we are just here to eat, so can we please order?" The girl stops but has a huge smile on her face and nods taking out her pen and paper and  walks off with our order after flirting with Liam. Liam gives us a funny look and we all laugh. The girl comes back with our drinks but this time she is wearing a very low cut tank top and when she bends down her cleavage shows a lot. She sits on Liam's lap and starts flirting with him. I look very uncomfortable but then an idea comes to mind I never thought I would do. I grab my water and stand in front of Liam and the girl.

"Ever think that maybe Liam doesn't even know you and its pretty nasty that you just Randomly sit on his lap and start acting slutty. Oh and Liam sorry if any of this gets on you." And with that, I dump the whole glass of water on the girls head making her scream from the cold and jump up instantly. She growls at me and I sarcastically jump back. 

"MY HAIR! YOU BITCH!" The girl screams. She runs off crying and I laugh getting back to my original spot. Everybody in the room starts clapping and whistling.

My eyes widen at the memory. I drop my fork on my plate. It makes a loud crashing sound. Everybody looks at me but my eyes are focused on Liam.

"I-I remember you. We were in Nando's and this girl, she was flirting with you. I dumped water on her head. Liam I remember you!" I cry. Tears run down my face as I'm filled with joy but only for that one small second. I can only  remember Liam. I still can't remember the others.

"That's great Jessie! Do you remember anything else? Anything about me or the others?" Zayn asks. Dread fills my chest as I look into his eyes. They are going to be heartbroken when they find out I don't remember them.

"N-no. It was just a small bit. I'm sorry." I look down in shame. I have been trying to remember these boys for weeks and in only a few bites of chicken, I remember only one of them. Why can't I remember the rest of them? Frustration clouds my head. The hurt in Zayn's eyes is too painful to look at.

Why can't I remember them?!  Come on, Jessie!

Zayn walks up the stairs without a word. A tear rolls down my cheeks and I look at the plate in my hands my appetite suddenly lost.

"I, um. . . Want to go to bed. Please." I whisper so low that I don't think anybody heard me until Liam steps forward to lift me but Harry pushes him aside.

"I'll do it." He growls. A shudder runs through my body at his tone. His eyes soften when he realizes he scared me and quickly apologizes. The fear slowly and unsteadily washes away as Harry carries me into my bedroom.

"Jessie? I just wanted you to know that, its okay to be scared. It's okay if you get frustrated. I can see that you are trying your hardest to have even the slightest of memories of us. Zayn is just sad that he isn't the first one you remembered but he will understand that you have no control over this. Just don't give up Jessie that's all I ask." Harry pleads standing at my bedside. I nod.

ZAYN'S P.O.V.

She remembers Liam. She remembers Liam but not me? Why can't she remember me? The pang of guilt in my chest grows stronger as the look of sorrow and complete and utter hurt on Jessie's face replays in my head when I walked out of that room. Though it was just a small memory of Liam, it still hurt that it wasn't me, her own brother she remembered first. We were all there that day, in that same booth but why could she only remember one person? A knock on my door breaks me from my thoughts.

"Zayn?" Liam walks in the room closing the door behind him. The sympathetic look on his face sickens me.

"She will remember you. The best memories take the most time to repair. It was just a small piece of a memory." He says sitting on my bed.  

"I'm just scared she may never remember me! What's one memory compared to a lifetime of beatings and bruises and blood? She may be stuck with the memory of her bastard father forever without even having one memory of me!" I shout. Liam sighs and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Than you will just have to give her new memories! So what if she never remembers the old memories? She will remember the new ones with all the people here to love and support her." Liam reasons.

A clean slate to fill with new memories. Maybe Liam is right, maybe its not about the past but the future and all that matters is that I have my sister and nothing else matters.

__________________________________________________________________

Heyy!! so she remembers Liam! What is going to happen in near future? Comment what you think and I will read them all. I love you all byee!!