9

-• you've ruined this for me •-

The one man I was trying to run away from, comes to the same club he wasn't interested in, watches me like I'm his property, and then drags me out of the club with zero explanation.

There's only so much I can take.

And being dragged around like someone's personal property is not one of them.

My comfort is the least of his priority as he pulls me through the growing crowd of adults. With the free hand, I constantly tug down my dress as it frequently rides up my thighs. My resistance falls on the deaf ears and everytime someone tries to step in to stop him, a glare from him have them surrendering with their hands in the air before they ignore the blatant manhandling. I gape in disbelief.

He's only seventeen for God's sake! How can an adult be afraid of him!?

I cement my heels the moment we get out of the nightclub from the random exit he finds, heavy music beats now nothing less than faded vibrations in my chest. He's stopped unwillingly and looks over his shoulder at me. All the courage built in me crumbles down at the menacing look on his face. Yeah, now I know why he had grown ass men stepping back in fear. He looks murderous.

"What is this?" I demand hoarsely, struggling to free my wrist from his hold. He has us connected with a grip of iron, like I'm an inseparable part of his body. "Shou-"

The sound of rushed footsteps has me turning around. I stumble back in fear, automatically seeking protection from Shourya when Eric and a few of his friends exit the club behind us. The man looks at me from head to toe, then grins salaciously, and licks his lower lip. "Remember my words? You pay for it now." He wags his finger up and down at me.

I look around for help and realise we are at the back of the club, where except for rats in the dumpsters, no other living being would glance at us.

"I'll call the cops!" I threaten him, my hand reaching for my purse.

"Okay." Eric shrugs. "Minor foreigner in a club. Sure. Call the police."

I pause abruptly. I've more to lose than him God damnit. Not only will I be pushing myself in trouble, the twins, the owner of this club, Agastya and Shourya, I'll be trapping all of us.

"Please- please let me-"

A muscular arm wraps around my waist and spins me on my heels, effortlessly bringing me behind a broad shield of a human back. I gasp softly, clutching the hem of his black jacket, more grateful than shocked as he stands as a wall between me and my predator.

"You again?" Eric chuckles, amused to have another teen stand up to him and his buddies.

"She's not worth the trouble. I'm sure money will buy you more willing girls." I watch Shourya reach for his wallet and take out his passport, offering everything else to the rowdy group of men.

His statement makes my blood boil but I hold it in. Now is not the time to argue with him. I'll do that once I'm safe and sound.

"True." Eric grabs the wallet and tosses it to one of his lackeys, then eyes me for a second longer before shaking his head, "Not pretty but challenge."

Shourya's body stiffens. He takes a careful step back and I'm compelled to step back along with him. "Tara," he turns his head to the right, parallel to his shoulder. I raise my brows and hum softly. "Step out of your heels for me." My breath hitches in my throat but I quickly obey, bending my knee backward and unstrapping my heel, followed by another immediately. "Drop them."

My lips pucker out sadly. They're one of my favourite heels.

"Drop them, Esther. I'll buy you the same pair after we get out of this unscathed."