25

✨ surprise! It's my baby sister's birthday ✨

-• kneel, and beg •-

I can react in a hundred different ways right now. The problem is, ninety-nine of them are recognised crimes. And I'm a Chauhan. We are not aggressive. Quite the opposite actually, we're polite, humble, and kind. The world looks up to us for who we show us as, not for how smartly we hide our reality. Good people are innocent until proven guilty. Bad people are guilty if not proven innocent. Akansha Singh is one of the bad people. She's not going to last in this world without her daddy's money. And for that, I feel pity for her. Poor girl, she's not prepared for what's going to hit her soon.

She could have ended it with insulting me. I'd have called her immature and insecure and forgot about it. But she made a mistake dragging my dead mother into this petty argument. Such harsh, crude words for someone's mother because you can't keep a man to yourself? Pathetic, really.

But she has guts I must say. Standing against a Chauhan, one of the most powerful family in India, for a man who couldn't care less about her, a true brave nut case. If she had channeled this courage somewhere else, somewhere resourceful, there would have been so much to gain. But courage don't equal to intellect. Even worse if it's paired with insecurity and insensitivity.

"An advice from me," she smirks at me, standing at an arm's length, and looks up and down at me in a condescending manner. "Maybe stop dressing like a slut. Men will look at you as more than a sex doll." She leans in and pats my cheek like one pets a dog.

A woman pulling another woman down, especially on her choice of dressing, because she can't have her man's loyalty?

Wow, I feel bad for her.

She turns to leave, but stops abruptly and turn around to face me again. I stop myself from sighing aloud. Is she still not done?

"You'll be the first to receive our marriage invitation." She points her well manicured finger at me. That's a beautiful blue color. I wonder where she got it done. "Buh bye!" She waves at me with a sickly sweet smile and walks off, slamming the door close behind her.

I shake my head in disbelief.

How insecure do you have to be to corner someone in a public washroom like this and spout all that bullshit? People amaze me with their audacity.

I step out after her and watch her saunter back to the open bar of the club. On her way, she stops in front of Janet, looks at her up and down judgementally, and looks over her shoulder at me, shaking her head in disgust before walking off like a supermodel. Janet turns to me in shock, splaying her hands forward in a dramatic flair.

I sigh and increase the gap between my strides to reach Janet faster.

"What was that!?" She demands harshly.

I shrug, flashing a smile at Agastya who meets my eyes through the crowd. How come he's still not done? It's almost midnight. We need to get home before calls start coming from our family.

When I look at Janet, she's still waiting for an explanation. So, I give in. "She cornered me in the washroom, called me a whore, dragged Mom into the argument, said I should know mistresses can never become wives so I should not think I'll be anything more than a sex doll to Shourya."

Janet's mouth drops. "That fucking bitch!" She slams the glass down, picks up the whiskey bottle from the side and was all prepared to storm over and smash it on Akansha's head had I not grabbed her elbow and held her back. "Let me go, Tara. The fucking cunt needs to know when to run her mouth and when to shut up." She growls.