64

my family and I wait over a year for Ganesh Chaturthi, you've no idea how happy I am today.

Ps. Paid readers, give me time until Tuesday, I'll give you a mass update :)

-• mystery unlocked •-

If I hate anything the most, it's playing cat and mouse with my victims. It's your last day. Show yourself some mercy. Make it fucking easy. But no, they need to fight until the end. And if that doesn't work, beg, offer a favour, cry and even crawl, but never die with dignity. I'd love to make a kill who'll look me in the eye as I pull the trigger. Unfortunately, I haven't met anyone like that yet.

Inayat is as little as four feet two, but good Lord the girl has a quick pair of feet and she knows how to use them. We lose sight of her after the umpteenth alley. Slums are easiest to lose a tail. You can't get a car inside and it's always crowded as fuck. Not to mention market places and transport stations are at a walking distance.

Fuck.

That's right.

Market places and transport stations are at a walking distance.

"Tara," I stop and call out for her.

She turns around abruptly. "What?" Her breath comes out harsh and rough. "C'mon, we need to-"

"We need to think first and then act," I cut her off.

"What do you mean?" She approaches me.

"What are you guys doing?" Ayush and Janet spots us across the backstreet and rush through to reach us. "Did you find her?"

Tara shakes her head.

"Look," I catch their attention. "She must have lived here quite a while to know this place like the back of her hand. Running around like headless chickens will only waste our time."

"What do you suggest?" Ayush questions.

"We need to check the nearest market places, railway stations and bus stands."

"Yeah, he's got a point." Janet nods. She turns to Ayush. "Let's go search the nearest bus stop. I'll text Arush to check the railway station. He's with Atharva."

"Alright," Ayush agrees. "You guys go and see if there's any market place near." He pats my shoulder.

"Let's meet near our car in an hour if we don't find her." I instruct.

"Sure, keep the phone on you." He says, walking backward as Janet starts following Google's directions to the local bus stand. "Stay connected!" He shouts and turns, the two stride off through the alley, disappearing shortly after.

"Let's ask around," Tara tugs at my sleeve.

"Fuck, it's hot here." I flap the collar of my sweatshirt.

We stop at the next grocery store we come across to ask if there's any market place nearby.

"There's one. You go straight in this direction," he points to his left, "and turn right through an alley. You'll see a market across the main road."

"Thanks," I turn around and descend the stairs. Tara looks at me hopefully. I nod in response. "Follow me,"

It takes us approximately ten minutes to reach the bazaar. I lick my lips, standing clueless at the entrance with Tara. She looks as overwhelmed as me upon seeing the congested place. It's crammed with people to the point at least one of their body parts touches the other person's while walking past.