70

Well, it's the last chapter. And I really want you guys to cry. Like full on sob.

-• reunited •-

8 Hours Later

"The body found in the mountains of Jaigarh was confirmed to be his."

In a matter of seconds, the enormous Veer Mahal falls in a mourning silence of its King's demise. It wasn't a fall of an Empire, everyone knew it can still thrive in the absence of its incompetent King, then what brought it down to its knees? This gaping hole that had swallowed the shimmery sparkles of optimism, the darkness that consumed the sheer beauty of life. A death of a coward, shaking the most powerful men of the country.

Yuvraaj reels back, shock holds him hostage. He grips the back of the chair and settles down before his knees could give in.

Three hours of relentless searching had delivered a news that flipped their entire lives upside down.

"Taranya!" He hears Vivaan scream. When he looks, he finds his little sister unconscious in the arms of his second born sibling. And then he looks at each one of them. Yuvaan, Agastya, Arush, Ayush, Vivaan. Torn down, in disbelief of the news, seconds away from falling apart.

Responsibilities dawn in. He can't fall weak. He can't reveal they've been broken down to pieces and vulnerable to the world. He can't. He has to pick up his dropped heart, put on a cold mask, and look after his family. The last hope has been whisked away. The last man he wondered if he could shoulder responsibilities with has been taken away.

"Take her to the room." He orders. Vivaan obeys with tearful eyes. He's holding back from crying in front of their siblings.

"I'm sorry, but we need you to come along to claim the body." The police inspector says.

Yuvraaj forces himself to nod. "I understand. Let's go," mustering up the leftover strength, he gets up.

"I'm coming along," Yuvaan steps forward.

Yuvraaj looks at him in surprise. "You drive."

Yuvaan nods and heads upstairs to retrieve his car keys. Yuvraaj approaches his remaining siblings. Agastya stands still in his spot, his blood shot eyes filled to the brim with tears. They roll down his cheeks silently. He doesn't make a sound. He can't. Not when both of them hear the twins cry softly in the cup of their hands.

"Will you be strong for those little two guys over there?" Yuvraaj whispers, placing a tender hand on the younger man's cheek.

Agastya sniffles softly, inhales a shaky breath and gives a confident nod to his brother. Yuvraaj wraps his hand around the back of his neck and yanks him in the cushion of his arms. Agastya weeps soundlessly on the firm chest. Yuvraaj rubs the broad back, pulling away seconds later to wipe the tears from those beautiful onyx eyes.

"Take them to their rooms," he instructs gently.

Yuvaan returns downstairs with the set of keys jiggling in his hands. Yuvraaj turns around and summons the royal staff for a quick word.

"Make sure this doesn't go out. Not until I officially reveal it to the press. If I hear rumours, consider yourself fired." He warns and walks off briskly past the officers. The senior inspector wears his cap and instructs the two constables to follow him. As they get in their Jeep, Yuvaan brings the car from the garage and waits until his elder brother is properly buckled.