32

RoR khatm hone ki khushi mein. Mujhe bahut zor se rona aa raha hai guys 😭

-• for her •-

Rudra (I love this mf so much)

I've never seen Chauhan family in shreds before. Even together, they couldn't be more far.

It's 3:00 AM.

The roads outside are empty.

Homes are asleep.

But not the hospital. It's a world of it's own universe. Different lives, different people, brought together under different circumstances, but they all share the same pain.

Misery is selfless. It chooses without discrimination, no matter the age, status, gender, race. Because sitting here, on this chair in the waiting room, I see them, beat down by life, in the arms of misery, as it points to each scar on their soul, and asks the story behind it with a smile.

I've rarely been a man of emotions. I'm not well versed in them. Except anger, that I know, that I've felt. Often.

World is a mastermind at being unfair. It holds you back everytime you try to move forward. Ever had someone step on the back of your shoe? It's like that. You're bare feet, turning around and trying to find your shoe, but then it's kicked around in the crowd, and you stand there tired, as the world moves ahead past you. It's that feeling.

I always felt lost in that crowd. But strangely, not here. Everyone here feels the same as me. Lost, confused, tired.

It makes sense why I feel at home in this place. People come here to save their own, and as selfish as it might sound, watching them being afraid to lose it comforts me. I'm not alone. And I've been alone for a long time. I've been alone, always.

"Shourya?" A hand on my shoulder jolts me. I look up, a familiar set of onyx eyes look down at me. I'm used to the cold ones. The one's that watched me blankly, unbothered about the baggage I carry, albeit slightly annoyed too. But these are different. These emit warmth. Something I'm not used to. And have no idea how to reciprocate. "Want to get some coffee, darling? You've been sitting here for the last four hours now."

I look at the ICU. I wanted to see Tara one last time before heading back to Rajawat Estate. But they say she's still critical. She needs to be monitored strictly for the next 6 hours. Apparently, her lungs collapsed on the way here. Hearing the news, I felt suffocated to the point I had to go out and get some fresh air. I didn't know the woman affected me so much. Is this how far feelings of lust extend to? Do you start to care about their well-being?

"She's fine."

"Why isn't she awake yet?" I meet his gaze, and maybe he sees something in my eyes, because he doesn't speak for a minute, he just stares.

"Let's go get some coffee." He pats my shoulder.

I don't want to. I want to sit here and wait for the doctor to declare her absolutely fine. I want to see her open her eyes. I want those blue oceans to drown me again. Like a ship that's fated to sink, with all the dreams and ambitions onboard, because in that moment, they won't really mean anything. I'm whole with her, in pieces when alone.

"C'mon, it's not healthy to sit for this long." He encourages softly.

I sigh and get up, following him to the elevator. I've no idea long he was noticing me. Because once Agastya was shifted out of surgery room, Arush was declared fine, and Janet was take to the private room, everyone dispersed. Vivaan went to his office, Yuvaan's staying with Ayush, and Yuvraaj decided to use his office in the hospital. He's still on board as the director, even though he has absolutely no authority. I've asked him countless times why he accepted the namesake title. He never revealed. He should step down from the position as soon as possible. Once we unveil all the secrets, he'd be interrogated too, might even be suspected. From my point of view, it's an idiotic risk, but he's a lot smarter than me, I'm sure he has something planned. He has been trying to take down Rajawats even before Virendra Pratap accidentally, through his drunk mouth, admitted about having a trump card. The trump card being me. That's how I got out of that cell at the age of twelve.