33

eid ul-adha mubarak ✨

-• you're here •-

11:40 PM

I'm in the same room she first saw me.

I remember how scared she looked. As if she had witnessed a ghost. She couldn't see me completely. The hallway lights revealed only half of my face. She was a cute little thing, and it was the first time I felt struck, like I was hit by a fucking lightening.

It was weird.

She rooted me, and I never liked the ground. I always desired the sky, the heights, but ever since the moment I've seen her, skies were a flight, and she was my safe landing.

I've chased this new life like a mad man. I didn't look back. I never regretted stepping over other people, and I didn't care how many of them I hurt. I never had many around me to begin with. Nobody ever stayed just for me, they only stayed for what I can give them. Like Yuvraaj, like Virendra Pratap, we used each other.

Taranya never used me.

She never demanded.

She never expected.

And I wasn't used to those kind of people. The kind kind of people. They exist. They definitely do. But I never came across one, so I wasn't used to them. I'm not used to kindness. I've never been held gently, or looked at proudly, or being reassured, or treated like a human being.

That's right.

I was never treated like a human.

Maybe that's why I never felt human.

Maybe that's why, maybe that's why, I was a monster to her.

And yet,

She smiled at me, was honest with me, trusted me, showed me her side of the world, kissed me, held me, liked me.

She liked a monster like me.

And still, I kept hurting her, using her, deceiving her. I'm still deceiving her. I don't know what this feeling is. It just isn't lust, that's for sure. But whatever it is, it's enough for me to never give up on her. Even after death.

Taranya Singh Chauhan is mine.

And I'm hers.

We belong to each other.

In this world. In heaven, or hell. In this time, and beyond. In this universe, and every fucking one out there.

I take out my phone, my fingers tremble. I don't remember being so nervous before. My thoughts are all over the place. But her name echoes. Her name echoes. She's constant. She'll always be.

The flip phone crashes to the ground. I swear under my breath.

"Your heart rate is concerning -"

"Shut up." I kneel and pick up the phone, blowing air through my mouth because my lungs feel stuffy, like they're not getting enough oxygen, like my brain is not able to function well anymore. My body feels like it's being rewired, broken down to pieces, changed, rebuilt, and I'm whole new.

I'm a man who hates changes, who hates things out of place, who hates shifts, who hates even the slightest loophole in plans, and now here I'm, a whole lot different, strangely familiar, oddly fascinating, slightly uncomfortable in my own skin, but fuck it, man. Fuck it.

I just want her to accept me.

I press down on the button to scroll through the contacts in my old phone. I'm so used to the smartphone now it's difficult to function with these old bricks.