A gem of a day

Hunter was out riding his bike he had a flashback of when the academy was attack and him saving the others with the gem of souls. 

"Dad I'm getting closer to the source of the radiation surge." Cam said into his necklace.

"Good work son until we know for certain the cause of the disturbance you must be very careful." Sensei said.

"You don't have to remind me every time." Cam said as he looked around and saw Hunter sitting on the rock. "What is he doing out here." Cam asked himself. "Loose something." Cam asked him as Hunter was messing with so thing. He then flipped him over his shoulder. "You have got to lay off the caffeine." Cam said as he took his glasses off.

"Oh its you sorry " Hunter said as he helped Cam up.

"What are you doing out here anyway." Cam asked him.

"I could ask you the same thing." Hunter said.

"I would tell you I'm tracking an excessive radiation signal that I picked up on the monitors." Cam said.

"Uh well maybe it has something to do with this." Hunter said as he pulled something off his bike and showed t to Cam. "Its one of Zurgane's swords but he wouldn't leave his ship without it." He said as Cam looks at it.

"Not alive anyway." Cam said.

//////////////////////////////

"after we found the sword I located a satellite picture of the area." Cam said as they watched Vexacus destroy Zurgane.

"Its true rangers Vexacus has destroyed Zurgane." Sensei said.

"Not that I'm going to miss Zurgane but why would Vexacus do that." Tori asked him.

"It appears a power struggle is at play in Lothors lair." Sensei said.

"Isn't that a good thing I mean maybe they will keep fighting each other until no ones left." Dustin said as Dakota came and kissed his cheek.

"That is possible Dustin but I suspect Lothor has an even more sinister plot in mind." Sensei said.

"So what do we do next." Shane asked him as he look at the others.

"The time has come to face the enemy proactively we must reinforce our ranks by rescuing all the captured ninjas we must find a way to get onto Lothors ship." Sensei said.

"Well thats not going to be easy trust us." Blake aid.

"Lothor's ship is protected by a powerful energy field without someway to break through we'll never get in." Cam said.

"Leave that to me." Hunter exclaimed.

////////////////////

"Huh" Hunter exclaimed as a shadow appeared over him as he was digging something out of the ground.

"So my readings are correct." Vexacus said causing Hunter to turn toward him ready to fight him. "Meet Condortron and ingenious creation if I do say so myself." 

"What are you doing here." Hunter asked him.

'I suspect the same thing you are." Vexacus said pointing to the bag. He sent a blast but Hunter rolled out of the way just in time.

"I got more important things to think about right now." Hunter said.

thunderstorm! ranger form!

"Attack him." Vexacus said as Condrotron ran to him and Hunter kicked him but Hunter was knocked to the ground.

////////////////////////